Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider

The only example I can give is for the game Im working on. The street fighter logo appears in the middle then scrolls up. I redrew a new better logo, but I cant copy it from a previous frame and shift it up a few rows. I have to redraw the entire thing a few rows up, which obviously gets easier as the logo disappears ;)

8 hours ago, steve45 said:

I'm proud to present the new version of the editor.

Please see the new video tutorials here: 

And download the new versions for win64, mac64 and linux64 here: https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor2/latest#files

There's lots of new features like clipboard support and many more.

Have Fun, Steve

Thank you so much Steve! Running on Debian Unstable Unstable (Ubuntu) 16.04. Seems some interface components are cut off for some reason. Is there a setting I can changer in my window manager to fix that? Everything still looks usable though I have not looked at it on windows to see if anything is actually missing. 

Screenshot_2017-04-30_20-41-47.png

• Content Provider

so "paste over" doesnt work like I thought it did.  I want to take the street fighter logo I redrew, and paste the colored part over top of the miscolored logo on the animation where the capcom logo scrolls up.

so I want to take this:

1.PNG.74f584c414cba239bc23ecebaca690a5.PNG

copy and insert it into this frame:

2.PNG.4cd734861443a046810ad45cfe0f977a.PNG

so that it looks like this: (done in photoshop)

photoshop.png.60b881c1690e19d8ef58e3bd584b1bdf.png

• Content Provider

After selecting "paste over" you have to click into the preview widget and place the pasted part. Then it should work like you expected.

If you send me you project files, I'll try out and show you.

21 hours ago, steve45 said:

I'm proud to present the new version of the editor.

Please see the new video tutorials here: 

And download the new versions for win64, mac64 and linux64 here: https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor2/latest#files

There's lots of new features like clipboard support and many more.

Have Fun, Steve

Steve,

Quick Question - Am running 64 bit windows machine with 64 bit OS (Win10) - why does the 64 bit version not seem to run for me?? (32 bit is fine. Was the same in Win7 before i re-installed Win10!)

Any ideas?

Also - if i just rename the 32 bit version (with no .exe as mentioned above) - it refuses to run - "this App cant run on your pc".... oops! So currently i cant run wither of the new versions! 

Cheers

Paul

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, toibs said:

Steve,

Quick Question - Am running 64 bit windows machine with 64 bit OS (Win10) - why does the 64 bit version not seem to run for me?? (32 bit is fine. Was the same in Win7 before i re-installed Win10!)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

64 refers especially for the installed java version, and not every 64 os has a 64 bit java installed. Even if there is no reason why you shouldn't.

So in your case I would guess you have a 32 bit java. in a command windows just type "java -version" and it will display version and 32/64 .

Just now, steve45 said:

64 refers especially for the installed java version, and not every 64 os has a 64 bit java installed. Even if there is no reason why you shouldn't.

So in your case I would guess you have a 32 bit java. in a command windows just type "java -version" and it will display version and 32/64 .

C:\Users\Corsair>java -version
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.91-b15, mixed mode)

Doesnt mention either :D Will try to throw a 64 bit Java on and see if it works! :D

• Content Provider
27 minutes ago, malenko said:

so "paste over" doesnt work like I thought it did.  I want to take the street fighter logo I redrew, and paste the colored part over top of the miscolored logo on the animation where the capcom logo scrolls up.

so I want to take this:

1.PNG.74f584c414cba239bc23ecebaca690a5.PNG

copy and insert it into this frame:

2.PNG.4cd734861443a046810ad45cfe0f977a.PNG

so that it looks like this: (done in photoshop)

photoshop.png.60b881c1690e19d8ef58e3bd584b1bdf.png

which color drawing mode are you using? replace mode or masking mode?

• Content Provider

replace.  For the most part I am not recoloring frames but redrawing everything by hand. Gottlieb did a crap job with the animations in the Street Fighter II pin so not much of it can be reused.

I PM'ed you a link to my files.

• Content Provider
35 minutes ago, malenko said:

replace.  For the most part I am not recoloring frames but redrawing everything by hand. Gottlieb did a crap job with the animations in the Street Fighter II pin so not much of it can be reused.

I PM'ed you a link to my files.

I did a quick test. The only problem I see in replace mode paste: the lower part of the image will be overriden with black. which is obviously not want you want. I'll improve this.

But that don't look like the problem you're describing. Are the pasted contents pasted from photoshop to the editor? In this case you need take care of the palettes. Inserted colors will be matched to the closest color from palette. If that also not solves you problem, I would guess the edit does handle the clipboard image data from ps not correctly.

Can you please try to paste from another drawing program?

• Content Provider

the lower part being written in black is the issue I guess. I already recolored and redrew the "licensed by Capcom" part like 15 times, didnt wanna do it again :)

Could you maybe have the paste ignore black/first color ?  I was copying from another frame in the pin2dmdeditor, and pasting over to another frame. I could never paste from photoshop because........

Capture.thumb.PNG.311083d6db10e793e7caf5f287d511a4.PNG

• Content Provider
36 minutes ago, malenko said:

the lower part being written in black is the issue I guess. I already recolored and redrew the "licensed by Capcom" part like 15 times, didnt wanna do it again :)

Could you maybe have the paste ignore black/first color ?  I was copying from another frame in the pin2dmdeditor, and pasting over to another frame. I could never paste from photoshop because........

Capture.thumb.PNG.311083d6db10e793e7caf5f287d511a4.PNG

Ok I will try to reproduce the "pasting from photo shop" issue. Pasting in replace mode should of course not fill everything with black background, I will improve that.

In general I would like everyone to please include the version of the editor (can be read in the about form) in the posts. This will help improve on errors or other issues.

• Content Provider

The pasting issue seems to be solved. There was a problem, if pasted images (or parts) are bigger than the dmd size. Now it should be clipped. So may retry pasting from photo shop. Also try copy&paste smaller images (image parts)

• Content Provider

The pasting issue seems to be solved. There was a problem, if pasted images (or parts) are bigger than the dmd size. Now it should be clipped. So may retry pasting from photo shop. Also try copy&paste smaller images (image parts)

I also improved copy to clipboard now: color 0 (normally black) will now be used as mask. so it is easier to paste in replacement mode.

Next thing I will may add: copy only parts of the screen

• Content Provider

its working for me, its funny that if you click after "paste over" a second time, its pastes again (infinitely)

Im using 2.0.1.0 , the only issue i have meow is exporting a GIF, it doesnt keep the correct palette , I tried exporting  2/3/4 still not sure what the different modes do.

• Content Provider

yes paste over works more like a paint tool, and stays active until you choose a different one. this is not outlined in the UI right know, so its not obvious that it works like this.

GIF export I have not tested for a long time, maybe there is palette support missing in general. Must look into that as well, test for now shows that something is broken with palettes