Sam Dmd Trouble Sos!

dboyrecords

• Content Provider

the dll i compiled and he has is a cabinet version, tested by me and a lot of other users.

for some unknown reason, your computer is unable or to read the registry settings of the roms, or to write on them.

I wanted to know, if you delete a rom entry on the registry with regedit, and you launch the table after, does the rom entry is recreated?

• Administrators

Your dll does NOT create a new rom entry in regedit. All permissons are checked to allow.

Did you ever set the VP program (setup.exe) in your PinMAME folder to run as Admin?  Also, make sure that your VPinball.exe is set to run as Admin as well.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound accusitory, just trying to be clear...

Setup was not set to admin. I did, same result but it is creating a new rom entry just not holding position.

Sorry for all the trouble, thanks for all the help. I hope it doesn't end with me having done something stupid! But I really want to get it working, hate to miss out on awesome new sam tables...

• Administrators

I can verify that it's not the dll that's causing the issue.  I'm running the new dll on both my test machine and also on my cabinet.  This issue has to be something specific with your machine.

What video drivers are you running?

Had to goto work. Its nvidia 660 may not be most current as there were a lot of things changed in early pinballx setup.

Is it a tell that I can rename and switch back to cab dll and move and they stay?

Is it a tell that left right position holds but vertical goes to same spot for all tables?

Thx

• 6 months later...

hey arngrim, I have this exact same problem going on right now. I move the dmd to a second monitor and it moves to in between the 2 screens.  I had your new unified 1.7 for the vpinmame.dll I have tried installing/reinstalling/ unistalling visual pinball and vpinmame, and still the same thing keeps happening right back to the middle.  I put in an old vpinmame.dll it works fine, but no sam files.  I am running as administrator visual pinball 9.9.  the vpinmame.dll is unblocked. Hopefully, you might still be looking at this post, because I'm coming up stumped.  Thanks for any help.

• Content Provider

Do you have cabinet mode checked in vpm optionsfor that table?

You can try to delete the registry of one specific rom and let the default configuration recreate it, put cabinet mode checked on default before

You can try toxie beta build at vpf because mine is the same + sam support

I ran into the exact same problem, but solved it.

Although in the VPinmame setup it's set at cabinet I noticed it's not (yet) set for each rom.

I opened AFM, right clicked the ROM and noticed cabinet mode was unticked. 

Ticked it, moved DMD window and rebooted AFM.

Voila. DMD stayed in correct position.

After that I used DMD-Mover by Wolfsoft to copy DMD settings to all other DMD's in the registry. (edit this step doesn't work. That tool doesn't copy the extra keys)

All is candy now.

hey arngrim, I have this exact same problem going on right now. I move the dmd to a second monitor and it moves to in between the 2 screens.  I had your new unified 1.7 for the vpinmame.dll I have tried installing/reinstalling/ unistalling visual pinball and vpinmame, and still the same thing keeps happening right back to the middle.  I put in an old vpinmame.dll it works fine, but no sam files.  I am running as administrator visual pinball 9.9.  the vpinmame.dll is unblocked. Hopefully, you might still be looking at this post, because I'm coming up stumped.  Thanks for any help.

Archived