PopperVR - development still going on?

Kellogs

Hi guys,

is PopperVR still beeing developed? Or will there be no other release?

I am asking, because I had a working installation with popper 1.5 beta an tried out PopperVR 073.  Did not expect it to work, and so it does not. I guess it is because of version 1.5.

At the moment, I am using bastis VR-Launcher and Popper for dokumentation, which is quite odd.

Anyway, will there be a version of PopperVR to work with Popper1.5. The VR rooms and the possibility to create own rooms is very tempting, mainly because I would like to create something like Arcade Time Capsule 2.0 (VR) (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=arcadetimecapsule). The problem of Acrace Time Capsule is, that you need MAME ROMs in version 0.139, but Popper is able to start MAME in whatever version you got.

So wouldn't it be cool to design VR-rooms with v-pinball and acrade machines, you can access just the way you want?

Scampas videos on youtube show a way to do this and there are lots of free blender stuff, one could collect, maybe even reuse the blender resources from here to decorate rooms.

Why not walking arround in V-Pin City visit different locations and arcade places, like on a huge playground?

Well, too bad, no answers, no success.

I have been setting up the system as shown in scampas videos. Did not work.

I was able to start pinupmenu, toggle in the operator menu to VR, could see some kind of windows called PopperVR, but no way to make it work.

Stopping a table makes the whole application crash, still the processes in taskmanager to be seen, had to kill them manually.

Very sad to see and say, popper vr promised a lot, but ending in a crash.

Hopefully that will change some day.

• 3 weeks later...

This is really sad.

Made another attemt today, followed the video exactly, but I cant see the popper menu inside VR

Still using my HTC vive gen 1 headset, the VR Starter from basti works perfect, but poppe not.

I have to start a table, then I can access the custom scripts, this will start popper VR, and the only thig I can see on may to screen setup ist some kind of space picture, not moving or anything.

In my htc display, i only see the homescreen for steam. starting the table works somehow, but stopping crashes popper, in the way, that I will have to kill the tasks in the taskmanager

so I still have to start the tables from outside vr, thats everything else then satistisfing.

No Future Pinball inside Popper VR, nor MAME, and no answers or hints.

really sad

@Kellogs

Hey dude, I'm trying to setup PopperVR too. Still haven't got it set up, but I saw this comment and thought I'd share.

"...Vpx-vr doesn’t work with virtual desktop streamer, but works perfect with oculus link and oculus air."

@Kellogs  and people that might read this in the future...

PopperVR is pretty rough. I got it to work through AirLink, which is absolute garbage. Very pixelated. No way to get it going with Virtual Desktop which is MUCH BETTER quality-wise/optimization-wise, imho.

Alternatively, some members seem to have luck with this project:

Thanks man for the comment,

I just switch back to the enviroment without Popper VR.

Followed scampis video, but popper crashes, when exiting the pinball.

I am using the last 10.8.0 RC 1, maybe this is the problem. I dont know

Bastis VPX Launcher works perfect, right out of the box. The problem is, that there is no FP, or other emulators like mame.

In the end that means, that I have to launch FP tables outside VR, an VPX tables with the launcher. For mame I havent found a solution jet, allthough there is a project called Arcade Time Capsule 2.0, but this project is closed and uses very old roms, and wired controllers.

Well anyway, I will have to waiit a bit longer and hope, that the VR enviroment for popper will change, as there are more and more tables for VR