VPROC.Controller Tables (CCC) running with X64 VPX

Hi,

similar as with another special VPX Table, it is possible to make (X86 python) VPROC.Controller Tables run with X64 VPX using a DLLSurrogate:

REM activate DllSurrogate for the VPROC.Controller
reg.exe ADD "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{196FF002-17F9-4714-8A94-A7BD39AD413B}" /f /v AppID /t REG_SZ /d "{196FF002-17F9-4714-8A94-A7BD39AD413B}"
reg.exe ADD "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\AppID\{196FF002-17F9-4714-8A94-A7BD39AD413B}" /f /v DllSurrogate /t REG_SZ

It means the COM Server is running in a X86 Process called dllhost.exe and windows handles the communication between the two...

Have fun!

CCCinX64.png

• Content Provider

Some players have issues running P-ROC controller with VPX 64bit on CCC. For me, the last time I tested the VPW table runs and plays as normal but I get an error on exit. Exits fine on x86. I don't really believe it is a P-ROC/Python issue running 64bit. Other P-ROC tables seem to run fine with 64bit. 

I had the same problem as with the other table for x64... so please tell me how you got CCC running in x64?

Do you have a 64 bit python installed? Or is it some other magic?

6 hours ago, Dazz said:

What exactly does this do?  I've had CCC PROC running via VP 64bit for a while.

It loads the x86 PROC COM objects in a 32 bit process which can communicate with x64 and x86 VPX.

Though now I hear that there seem to exist x64 PROC library and everyone has it working with x64.

We'll see if someone comes with a solution around the corner...

• Content Provider

Yeah, I don't think changing the system registry is necessary. But then I'm quite comfortable simply maintaining dual platforms to ensure backwards compatibility where I would still need it.