Alternate Launchers

I've managed to get the 32bit and 64bit of VPX, Pinup Popper, and all the PinMame etc etc up and running just fine. If I run the correct table directly through either the 32bit or 64bit vpx launcher it all works great. My issue is that in the PinUpPopper front end, if I set the 64bit launcher in the alternate launcher box, it doesn't seem to work. It either loads forever, or an error shows telling me to use the 64bit launcher.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this quite common when using alternate launchers via the frontend?

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED!

Same here! It´s seems the alternativ Launcher is not triggert, but the standard one is.

Popper Version

Founed the Problem...

The vpinballx.exe was stored by name in the start script of the vpx emulator in the popper. I replaced this with the variable ALTEXE and assigned either the 32bit or 64 bit exe as an alternative launcher to each table in the game list.

"
START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\vpxstarter.exe" 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2
cd /d "[DIREMU]"
if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (
START /min " " [ALTEXE] "[DIREMU]" -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
) else (
START /min " " [ALTEXE] "[DIREMU]" -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
)
"

Edited by Luckshoot

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it out. For whatever reason, this release of popper has a weird argument in the default launch script. 

Navigate to PinUpMenuSetup.exe > Popper Setup > Emulators > Launch Setup > arrow over to VPX script.

This is what I changed my script to:

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2 
cd /d "[DIREMU]" 
if "[ALTEXE]"=="" ( 
START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]" 
) else ( 
START /min "" [ALTEXE] "[DIREMU]" -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]" 
)

I think this disables some recording functionality due to changing the if statement a little. I don't really care about it but i'm sure you could mess around with it if you really wanted that functionality.

Edited by demonjanitor