Problem with small linear solenoid - pull magnet for small bell

Hi,
I built my first cabinet at the end of last year and am now working on the details.
Finally I installed chimes and a bell. So far everything is working, unfortunately I still have a problem with the bell.
I've already tried a few things, but I can't find the error.
For the small bell I converted a normal table bell.
To operate it I used a small linear solenoid (pull magnet, pressure solenoid with spring return) 12V DC.
In the test I used a 12V DC plug-in power supply as the power supply. then everything works smoothly.
As soon as I insert the coil into cabinet and use my ATX power supply, the coil somehow no longer has enough power.
At first I thought it was due to a possible reverse voltage of the ATX, but I then tested it again on my separate 24VDC power supply with StepDown 12V. Same effect.
It almost seems as if the coil is not applying enough force when tightening.
I hope you can give me a tip about what I'm missing.
I have attached the data sheet and hope that someone can help me.

datenblatt-502285-intertec-its-ls1110b-d-12vdc-hubmagnet-drueckend-018-nmm-2-nmm-12-vdc-11-w.pdf

How many amps do you have available on the circuit? And are you using a solenoid control board like a Pinscape rig? Is the solenoid even trying to move?

Try testing it with your known-good plug-in supply and make sure it's actually still working.

I have around 15A available in the channel on the ATX power supply. To make sure it's not related to the power supply, I also tested another non-ATX switching power supply that I usually use for my original knocker coil. This knocker works without any problems. Of course, in this case I had to connect a DC step-down converter because otherwise the voltage would be too high.

I have a Pinscape controller that is supposed to control the coil. With or without the Pinscape in between it makes no difference.

I then tried my test power supply again. The test power supply only has 500mA and it still works. The only difference I can see is that my test power supply works conventionally with a transformer and rectifier and the power supplies in my cabinet are completely electronic. It's really weird.

The coil will move but doesn't really have any power. If I help a little, the shaft will come out of the spool. Somehow there's just a lack of strength.

I'm betting that you need a separate true 12v power supply in the cabinet. It could be that the ATX supply can't give enough immediate amps under the load (I assume it's the same supply that's also powering the computer), and same with the step down power converter on the 24v.

The atx is a seperate power supply. There are 3 seperate power supplies in my cabinet. 2 atx (1 for Feedback, 1 only for the pc) and an 24vdc electronic power supply for the solenoids and coils. My original knocker is After an step up 24-48vdc at this seperate 24vdc supply. I thout that the electronic supplies can give enough because the testing has 500mA and the other much More.

• 2 months later...