DirectOutput will not register as a Plugin with B2S

Marchafb

Need some direction here - I for the life of me can't get DirectOutput to show up as a plugin for B2S. Pinup popper shows up and shows Active, but not DirectOutput. I ran the RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe as admin. There is NO option to unblock DLL's with Win 10 Pro. This was a clean Baller Installer (v1.5) install on this machine. I did not have to do any unblocking after the Baller Installer either and everything else is working properly. I am using Pinscape boards for my toys and am able to run DirectOutputConfigTester.exe so I know DOF is talking to my Pinscape boards successfully and tables are triggering the outputs in the test. I have the firewall turned off for now. I have even updated my B2S server to v2.1.0, but still DirectOutput will not show up under B2S plugins. I have double checked my shortcut paths and folder names and all are correct. I already have in the B2STableSettings.xml the <ArePluginsOn>1</ArePluginsOn> section and even re-installed DOF. What am I missing? (and yes I only have 1 B2S instance)

thanks

Edited by Marchafb

Same issue here I decided to upgrade and did a completely new installation using baller installer.

I know DOF is working because when using Future pin all my toys work and the effects change in popper when scrolling to different games but just like you when I checked it in the back glass only popper shows If I can figure it out, I will replay to the post. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you messed up and registered the 64-bit as well; you will have a double entry in the registry. This will cause it not to work until you remediate this issue.

You can tell WHICH binary it's loading by looking at the plugin info from B2S plugin button and see which version of DOF it thinks it has loaded.

Go back to the registry and manually remove the offending 64x reference.

The windows registry can only use a SINGLE Com object because the name is the same for both 32/64. So, leave the 32-bit versions reference in Registry, and direct your install to the correct folders per the install instructions for 64-bit.

There have been 210,067 people with this issue, so you're not alone.