Possible to setup one button shutdown?

scanman717

I would like to install a button that once you exit the table and are viewing the list of tables, I can hit one button to shutdown pc.  I know I can exit table, system menu, shutdown, shutdown but that's too many button presses. I can't seem to find a button combination from popper interface that will do this.

Windows can be configured so that a simple press of the power button, like you would use to turn it on, can do a proper shutdown, as if you went to Start, selected Shut Down, and otherwise clicked everything.

When my PC was in the vpin cabinet, I had the power button wired up to a button in the traditional on switch location of the cabinet. Popper doesn't get impacted by being shut down that way, I have yet to have any corruption in the database or settings, and I've been doing that for over 4 years now.

Another trick I have is that I use a "green" power strip to power everything. One of these power strips has a "Primary" outlet that you plug a device, typically the computer, into, and several "Secondary" outlets you plug everything else into. When you power on the item on the Primary outlet, the power strip sees the increased load on the circuit, and turns on the Secondary outlets, effectively turning everything else on. And then, several seconds after shutting off what's on the Primary outlet, it shuts off the Secondary outlets.