G`n`R No Balls to start

Takman

Hi there,

i installed Pinmame 3.6 X86 and VPX 10.08 Beta

I start the VPX Table and everything is loading without any Runtime Error. The ROM is playing the Music and i can insert Coins and Press Start for a Player.

But no Ball is comming in the plungerlande nor can i use the flips.

Anyone can help me with that?

thx in Advance

24 minutes ago, Takman said:

10.8.0 Beta REv1347 32bit on VPX

and Pinmame 3.5 32bit from Oct 17 2022

time to update your vpinmame to 3.6 with the 32 AND 64 bit

64 bit https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/suites/17091340150/artifacts/976285231

32 bit https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/suites/17091340150/artifacts/976285233

If you have an extensive vpmalias.txt make a copy of it and save somewhere. Extract the two zips to your \vpinmame folder and overwrite all. Run setup.exe, check that paths are correct and if so then click install. Do the same with setup64.exe.

28 minutes ago, Takman said:

Why do i need both versions 32 and 64bit?

Because almost everything new these days requires 64 bit due to memory needed for textures and 32 bit still needed for all of the combo vid/pin games like Baby Pacman, et al. Trust me. Both are needed for now.

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, Takman said:

Same problem with Congo. Everything runs fine and then it says "Locating Balls, please Wait" but no Balls comming.

Anyone can help me with that?

This to me sounds like the table is not in focus. (Or on top)

Next time you see this "Locating Balls, please wait", try clicking on the table with mouse. (This will bring table back to the front and in focus.)

See if it finds balls then.

I am guessing it will.

I had the same problem with the NFL mods saying same thing.

The VPinMAME window and table could be seen, but if I clicked on table with mouse, the Locating Balls message went away.

So the Congo is working now. Thx for the info :)

But the GnR and WoZ and GoT all not running because of missing balls.

How to install that PinMame 64 Bit Version?

I downloaded here https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/releases/tag/v3.6-573-5d6459d  and wich File should i get?

I downloaded VPinMAME-3.6-573-5d6459d-win-x64.zip , unziped it and put it in a Folder inside C:\VPX\PinMAME and started the Installation Exe, setup Path for Roms and stuff correctly but there arent any Balls there yet.

What am I missing? How does VPX know wich PinMame Version he should start? How can i know if its the PinMame64Bit Version that is autostarting when i launch the table?

Sry for all the problems i cause. And thx for your help in advance 👍

I found it out! I was not missing the PinMamex64 Version but also the VPX X64 File needed a REinstall.

Dear god that GnR is a Beuty! Ty for your help guys!

But i think i got 3 other QUestions. Hope i can  ask them here and dont need to start a new Topic

1. Its about lowering the Machine Sound vs the Gamesound. How can i change that?

2. How to add those PUP Files for Machines and add diffrent Alternative Sounds? Axel sounds a bit wired to be honest :)

3. The Upper Left Flipper in GnR isnt working. What can i do about it?

Edited by Takman

Now with all the setup done and the GnR working my other Tables like Simpsons Party and Congo arent working anymore. They got the Problem with "Controller" Error in Runtime and dont load.

Edited by Takman

Sry for all that Posts bu i got allTables working now. Only the Wizard of OZ isnt running right now. Controller Runtime Error but i can live with it.

Question: Is there any easy Table that i can start with using PupPlayer and get it started? Im actually trying to install those freezy/backglass7emulator thing on a Desktop Monitor and dunno wich table to start with

I got the Backglass loaded now. Didnt know i need to manually Download it.

But i did as in this Video

and i dont have a PUPLog. There is no PUPplayer Loading when i start the Table with VPX.

He says maybe there isnt Freezy installed correctly but doesnt mention how to check that.

Dunno what to do.