Visual Pinball X 10.8.0 beta 5 Newest 3D, WOW!

Spacegoogie

I just installed the latest beta and gave the 3D settings another try (last try 10.7). OMG!
With the new window view and 3D. I don't know what they changed but complete game changer. I'm using the INFICOLOR 3D Eyewear 3D glasses. Again WOW it looks so amazing, tested TAF Black & White MOD, and VPW NO FEAR!

I had to create a new 3D playlist lol.
Your gonna have to try this!

Anyone else?

Edited by Spacegoogie
title

• Spacegoogie changed the title to Visual Pinball X 10.8.0 beta 5 Newest 3D, WOW!

For me it's really not bad at all.  After a few min in the glasses I don't even notice. I do notice on some tables I do drop frames. The thing that is pissing me off to know end is thta I set up  my tables in  "window" POV and my tables POV keeps changing,

I go back and again export POV and save table, still the next time it loads the pov is changed. Driving me nuts!

4 hours ago, birdmanpin said:

loss in colors

Loss of colors is a kind of costs for anaglyph 3D. Some say, amber blue shows more colors than red cyan.. But its true, actual Versions of vpx do have a better anaglyph output as reshade and Depth3D, output in GL Version is lightyears better.

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2023 at 10:11 PM, Spacegoogie said:

I just installed the latest beta and gave the 3D settings another try (last try 10.7). OMG!
With the new window view and 3D. I don't know what they changed but complete game changer. I'm using the INFICOLOR 3D Eyewear 3D glasses. Again WOW it looks so amazing, tested TAF Black & White MOD, and VPW NO FEAR!

I had to create a new 3D playlist lol.
Your gonna have to try this!

Anyone else?

Can you share a screenshot of the video settings you are using? I have the same glasses and the 3d effect isn’t that great to me. It is a little bit of depth but nothing I’m excited about

Edited by armyusde

I'd say that once you play a working table in VPX 10.8  (i say that, c ause some tables lose some functions and balls lock up. but most work great with some love) anyway. once you play 10.8 beta the lag of 10.7 really shows!  plus 10.8 window view is a game changer!  i run my monitor level with the glass, and damn you can bearly tell it not deep and real from player view, without the glasses.  so I can imagine the bump is nice