Noticeable pallet shift between scenes - Mustang Pro real pinball

koji

Hello, I managed to get my pin2dmd Evo in my Mustang pinball (Sam Stern)

I am using the Pinball Browser Sharkky colorization file, which I created the rom for.  The smartdmd pallet set is in-frame.

I loaded this into the pin2dmd editor tool, and exported the project to get the pallet in the .pal format, and loaded that onto the pin2dmd.

In general, the colorization appears to be working, but when the scene changes, I notice sometimes the pallet is not set correctly, but it seems to correct itself after a second or so... or in some cases, like the game over match animation, it doesn't change at all from the previous pallet.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on the cause for this kind of behaviour.

Thank you-

Edited by koji
clarification

• koji changed the title to Noticeable pallet shift between scenes - Mustang Pro real pinball
1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

I would guess that is a problem of the "In-Frame" method. Use "Serial Sidechannel" instead.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for the message.  So much to learn about pin2dmd :).

I believe that it is ok, it was mostly to do with the colorization that was throwing me off (specifically, the menu text would be the same colour and then changing at a later time, but on reviewing some YouTube videos, it appears this is expected.).

After looking into sideloading a bit tho, I see now that perhaps 'in frame' is responsible for the off color pixels I can see sometimes near the top left of the display.  Since I have the parts on hand, I will adjust this to sideload.  Thank you

-Koji