Populating new HD sections with non HD MX codes

I am looking for feedback from all users on an upcoming mass influx of table config changes. I/we in the virtual pinball custom LED effects Facebook group will be copying the codes from the left, right and back effects MX sections and pasting in to the new HD sections. This will create a massive amount of table submissions for Arngrim to approve. I do not wish to create any panic over all of the changes. In actuality, nothing will be changed. This is simply a step needed in order for the individuals in the group to switch to the HD version and still have all of the standard configs already available. Please let us know your thoughts on the matter and we can all discuss this together.

Thank you,

Darrin Chamberlain

Virtual Pinball Custom LED Effects 

Hey !
As I told you in MP, for me the right way is to create a HD Gang with some people maintaining a DOF account with official basic HD stuff.

I've already make an account named HDPanels for that use and shared credentials with you.

I can send a message to Arngrim so they don't panic and basically agree all import for that specific account to gain time for them.

Then we can divide the copy/paste work on that account submiting each finish table.

We can share that work with "guy 1 -> tables from #  to F, guy 2 table G -> L .........."

For me actually it's the simplest way to make our job with no time lost for DOF admins....

I can create a specific private channel on my Discord for that use if we need....

7 hours ago, arnoz said:

Hey !
As I told you in MP, for me the right way is to create a HD Gang with some people maintaining a DOF account with official basic HD stuff.

I've already make an account named HDPanels for that use and shared credentials with you.

I can send a message to Arngrim so they don't panic and basically agree all import for that specific account to gain time for them.

Then we can divide the copy/paste work on that account submiting each finish table.

We can share that work with "guy 1 -> tables from #  to F, guy 2 table G -> L .........."

For me actually it's the simplest way to make our job with no time lost for DOF admins....

I can create a specific private channel on my Discord for that use if we need....

I agree that will be the best way to proceed. Once one of us gets in touch with Arngrim, we will proceed with the process in the manner you have described. Thank you for your time and effort on this. I really appreciate it.

For me, I've asked him to add HD section, he made it, so he know he will have lots of submission for that ...

Don't need to borrow him, he have no time for him...

EDIT : I've send him a message to check if he can copy non HD content to HD one in SQL

I've also told him about HDPanels account...

I also put link to this thread ;)

Edited by arnoz

I had an answer from Arngrim.

He do not have any time for that, so he suggest one thing.

We make a group of copy/paste people.

They copy paste code from SD to HD, or fill the HD section

they all have their own table selection to fill (for me, assigning letters to people is a cool way)

they JUST SAVE AND DO NOT SUBMIT CHANGE !!!!

then, once all table are OK, they do a mass submit, so Arngrim just have to mass approve that user for HD section.

For him it's better, just one click...

I think we need to coordinate us on a discord channel, maybe check with VPU one, or I can set a specific channel with specific rights for it on mine...

Darin, I let you organise that ? just tell me ;)

I will be the guy who send the GO SUBMIT, and send mail to Arngrim, it will be more easy.

That smell good :D 

Edited by arnoz

On 10/14/2023 at 2:49 PM, arnoz said:

I had an answer from Arngrim.

He do not have any time for that, so he suggest one thing.

We make a group of copy/paste people.

They copy paste code from SD to HD, or fill the HD section

they all have their own table selection to fill (for me, assigning letters to people is a cool way)

they JUST SAVE AND DO NOT SUBMIT CHANGE !!!!

then, once all table are OK, they do a mass submit, so Arngrim just have to mass approve that user for HD section.

For him it's better, just one click...

I think we need to coordinate us on a discord channel, maybe check with VPU one, or I can set a specific channel with specific rights for it on mine...

Darin, I let you organise that ? just tell me ;)

I will be the guy who send the GO SUBMIT, and send mail to Arngrim, it will be more easy.

That smell good :D 

Yes, this is what I was thinking as well. We will see how many volunteers we can get and go from there. 

So this sounds exciting and I'm curious to see where this goes! Thanks to everyone involved, for everything you provide to this incredible virtual pinball hobby and community.

I have a full MX LED setup as well, and it's one of my favorite things about my cabinet. Probably the most unique and different component for our vpin cabs as well, compared to real pinball. It's one area that I think still has a lot of room for improvement and utilizing the full potential of what's possible on the MX PF Back Matrix.

I've been learning the proper scripting language and how to use/code addressable LED effects recently. I hope to create and eventually publish some effects in the future!

I've also been trying a fun idea I had the last month or so, and surprisingly I've had a lot of success. In some cases I've actually been in awe and disbelief at the results. We are in the future folks... Lol. What I'm referring to, I've been training a chatGPT 4.0 model on exclusively making only addressable LED effects for dofconfigtool. After feeding it all of the available knowledge and information I could find on creating and coding addressable LED effects for dofconfigtool. I eventually was able to get it too not only on command create original, unique MX effects for any table i ask it too (also theming said effects after the respective real machines theme). But also creating a full SET of effects for all addressable LED categories. So I can ask it, create a set of MX LED effects for Medieval Madness. Then it creates 2 separate effects for the PF MX left category, 2 for the PF MX right, 1 for the Undercab Complex MX category, and 3 unique, eye popping effects for the PF MX Back matrix. I also trained it to properly write it's effects in the correct syntax and command line format needed for dofconfigtool website. And if your wondering, yes, I trained it to also check every respective tables real manual to find the solenoid and lamp locations, as well as its associated number to use to correctly trigger the effects. I know, it sounds kind of crazy and you're probably thinking it can't work or it will just regurgitate the same effects over and over. But anyone who has really used chatGPT or have seen what it's capable of, knows it can do something like this. With clever prompts, and training it over and over on a single conversation thread, ONLY about this subject and what I want from it, it is possible. And what's great is the more I ask it now to create effects, it gets better and better. After trying the created effects, I rate the chatGPT prompt it gave me for said effects with either a thumbs up if it worked, or thumbs down if it didn't work at all or the results just weren't that good. Doing that over time makes it get better at knowing which effects work for me.

it's gotten to a point now where after simply copying the effects code from chatGPT into the proper category on dofconfigtool, 90% of the time it just works! And more than a few times now, the results have been so amazing and original that I'm in disbelief after seeing them. Some of the Back Matrix effects especially have really surprised me. Having different fades, speeds, flickering, blinking, brightness, colors, effect length, etc. It's pretty friggin awesome.. I've even seen a few effects that I've simply never seen anything like, on any other tables LED effects. I planned on submitting a few of them for Public consideration soon, we'll see!!

Lastly, what exactly is the difference between the HD matrix effects and standard matrix effects? Do you need a newer type of LED matrix to take advantage of it as well? Thanks in advance! Happy pinballing friends 🫡

Zuxif 

4 hours ago, Zuxiff said:

So this sounds exciting and I'm curious to see where this goes! Thanks to everyone involved, for everything you provide to this incredible virtual pinball hobby and community.

I have a full MX LED setup as well, and it's one of my favorite things about my cabinet. Probably the most unique and different component for our vpin cabs as well, compared to real pinball. It's one area that I think still has a lot of room for improvement and utilizing the full potential of what's possible on the MX PF Back Matrix.

I've been learning the proper scripting language and how to use/code addressable LED effects recently. I hope to create and eventually publish some effects in the future!

I've also been trying a fun idea I had the last month or so, and surprisingly I've had a lot of success. In some cases I've actually been in awe and disbelief at the results. We are in the future folks... Lol. What I'm referring to, I've been training a chatGPT 4.0 model on exclusively making only addressable LED effects for dofconfigtool. After feeding it all of the available knowledge and information I could find on creating and coding addressable LED effects for dofconfigtool. I eventually was able to get it too not only on command create original, unique MX effects for any table i ask it too (also theming said effects after the respective real machines theme). But also creating a full SET of effects for all addressable LED categories. So I can ask it, create a set of MX LED effects for Medieval Madness. Then it creates 2 separate effects for the PF MX left category, 2 for the PF MX right, 1 for the Undercab Complex MX category, and 3 unique, eye popping effects for the PF MX Back matrix. I also trained it to properly write it's effects in the correct syntax and command line format needed for dofconfigtool website. And if your wondering, yes, I trained it to also check every respective tables real manual to find the solenoid and lamp locations, as well as its associated number to use to correctly trigger the effects. I know, it sounds kind of crazy and you're probably thinking it can't work or it will just regurgitate the same effects over and over. But anyone who has really used chatGPT or have seen what it's capable of, knows it can do something like this. With clever prompts, and training it over and over on a single conversation thread, ONLY about this subject and what I want from it, it is possible. And what's great is the more I ask it now to create effects, it gets better and better. After trying the created effects, I rate the chatGPT prompt it gave me for said effects with either a thumbs up if it worked, or thumbs down if it didn't work at all or the results just weren't that good. Doing that over time makes it get better at knowing which effects work for me.

it's gotten to a point now where after simply copying the effects code from chatGPT into the proper category on dofconfigtool, 90% of the time it just works! And more than a few times now, the results have been so amazing and original that I'm in disbelief after seeing them. Some of the Back Matrix effects especially have really surprised me. Having different fades, speeds, flickering, blinking, brightness, colors, effect length, etc. It's pretty friggin awesome.. I've even seen a few effects that I've simply never seen anything like, on any other tables LED effects. I planned on submitting a few of them for Public consideration soon, we'll see!!

Lastly, what exactly is the difference between the HD matrix effects and standard matrix effects? Do you need a newer type of LED matrix to take advantage of it as well? Thanks in advance! Happy pinballing friends 🫡

Zuxif 

Come look around in our Facebook group

Virtual Pinball Custom LED Effects 

6 hours ago, Zuxiff said:

Zuxif 

That sounds really interesting!
Do you have an option to post some vids of the effects?

I'm really curious to see what chatgpt is capable of.

18 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

what happened with this? the facebook post was removed and I can't see any tables with any HD MX configs filled out other than 2 on the configtool website...

We got them finished and now Arnoz is going to double check them before they get approved.

• 2 months later...

Did anyone ever answer the question ?

'What is the difference between MX and MX HD  ?

Is it a different type of panel / strip ?

Is the HD just for 'high density' ? High definition ?   Horse d**k ?