Z scale on Window POV

mattdawg

Howdy y'all.   So I seen in multiple places not to mess with the Z scale in POV mode as it will mess up the physics.   I was watching a youtuber (link below) and he states that Z scale in window mode does not cause any issues. 

Here is the video:  VPX 10.8 POV Tutorial - YouTube

Can anyone clarify whether we should or shouldn't mess with the z scale.  

I also want to mention that I do not see this option in "Window" mode when editing my POV.   I'm on 10.8 beta 5

Edited by mattdawg

• 2 weeks later...

ooooh noooo, I love the new POV settings, I have fiddled with the top and bottom Z settings on probably fifty of my favourite tables... 😰

haven't felt to much wackiness gameplay wise tho.. I downloaded the latest 10.8 probably a couple of days after the GnR release..?

20 hours ago, Dipkid said:

ooooh noooo, I love the new POV settings, I have fiddled with the top and bottom Z settings on probably fifty of my favourite tables... 😰

haven't felt to much wackiness gameplay wise tho.. I downloaded the latest 10.8 probably a couple of days after the GnR release..?

Yeah, I grabbed a nightly built earlier this week. Setup about 30 tables.  Some of my POV for tables really improved. Hopefully with the next BETA release things will be more "permament". Actually, when are the Beta's usually updated?

• Content Provider
21 hours ago, Dipkid said:

Z offsets are fine, it's only specifically Legacy mode Z-Scale pre- September nightlies that would affect physics