Steam VR capped at 72hz with Quest 2!

I have an updated Quest 2 headset (firmware v56) and the latest Steam of course, the headset can run at 120hz but Steam VR shows the VPX at 72hz. 

Is there any solution to unlocking the higher rate? I have the official cable and RTX3080 so that's not the problem.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Nicvrpinfan said:

Is it possible to launch this directly onto the quest 3 without using SteamVr?

Sure is but you would need to use Open Composite or Mr Grynch's new dll. If you are using 64bit try this dll and .ini file instead and remove the openvr_api64.dll that comes with the VPinballX-GL build, this will get you running with Open Composite while bypassing Steam. Be sure to set Oculus as your XR Runtime in the Oculus PC App under Settings/General. If you are using 32bit and not 64, let me know and I can share that dll too. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tFfvit8NpwOl0b1cx_pn-IkvlGfvh67S/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but that file didn't work.  I also tried renaming it to openvr_api.dll and that didn't work either.  I couldn't locate the open composite or Mr Grynch's dll file.  I have Oculus set to XR runtime, but the issue appears to be the dll file.  Thanks if you can share those or share a link! :) 

14 hours ago, Nicvrpinfan said:

Thanks, but that file didn't work.  I also tried renaming it to openvr_api.dll and that didn't work either.  I couldn't locate the open composite or Mr Grynch's dll file.  I have Oculus set to XR runtime, but the issue appears to be the dll file.  Thanks if you can share those or share a link! :) 

Oops, my bad, sorry bout that I didn't realize that the .ini file wasn't with the download, here are both https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AH5QqBX_Js-w6dhawZ5c18Cc3DW18DGW?usp=sharing