Monster Bash - Frankenstein Monster Texture Issues

WaRcLaWz

I noticed that 10.8 beta 5 runs nearly all of my tables great, except I have  tables that exhibit terrible texture issues when running on 10.8 beta 5.

Monster Bash (VPW version) - Frankenstein Monster has weird jaggy glowing edges and his face turns a splotchy purple when standing.

Ghostbusters - Slimer has the same glowing edges and purple splotches.

Elvis - His face has the splotchy black/purple textures.

Does anyone know how I can fix this in the tables? Especially with Monster Bash, because it's one of my favorites and it looks so bad right now.

I would run them in 10.7 but I really love the new Window POV and I don't want to re-do those settings if I can help it.

The 10.8 texture issues you mentioned are due to how the original 3D models were designed and incorporated into then current versions of VPX. 10.8 is still in beta so expect some of the backward compatibility to be glitchy. In fact the tables you mentioned will most likely need to be updated for 10.8 compatibility, but that takes time and I wouldn't expect much happening in this regard until 10.8 is officially released. For now keep running these few tables with 10.7.4 and tough it out with the "antiquated" POV.

BTW, the 10.8 POV system is currently being further developed so don't be surprised if you'll have to re-do all your 10.8 POV's again.