Double FullDMD problem (using my first PuP-Pack on Jaws Bigger Boat Edition)

Hello,

I'm new to Virtual Pinball and Future Pinball.  I've followed all of TerryRed's install guides and videos right to the letter (took many hours and many long nights) :)

I haven't had any problems so far and I think I'm getting the hang of all of the programs (lots to learn!)

I tried to use the Jaws Bigger Boat edition PuP-pack on my Desktop setup for Future Pinball.  I ran the batch file that selects option 5 and placed the PuP-Pack in the correct folder.  The FullDMD shows up in it's proper place and works fine, but it also shows up again underneath it at the same time.  I tried to take a screenshot but the screenshot doesn't show the second FullDMD.  I tried lots of options to try to disable this second FullDMD but I'm having no luck.  I can place the second FullDMD over the first built-in FullDMD using PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat  but that isn't ideal as it would use up processor power to have two FullDMD's going at once.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Tig77

Edited by Tig77

• Content Provider

My instructions say you need to display the FullDMD on a second monitor or a fake monitor / dummy monitor when using single screen / desktop... as does the batch file, as does the PinEvent Guide.

It would have linked you to this page.

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/how-to-setup-pinevent-pup-stream-for-desktop-and-vr-users.21477/

Hi TerryRed,

Firstly, thank you very much for the incredible amount of work that you put into creating all of the setup guides for Virtual Pinball, BAM, Pinevent V2 and all of the videos too!  I followed along for hours and hours to set everything up exactly as you described and had no problems.  Getting into this hobby is an incredible learning experience and takes a while to get "on my feet".  I don't know how I would have gotten into this hobby without your very well done guides!  Thank you also for all of the incredible work you did with the Jaws Bigger Boat Edition!

I understand now about the need for a second dummy monitor, I didn't see in the instructions that it was "required" for desktop single screen users so I skipped over that part initially and I figured when I saw the mention of a "dongle" that couldn't possibly apply to me, but it does :)   But what I did instead (at least for now) is I positioned the FullDMD (that's supposed to go on the dummy monitor) on top of the FullDMD that's displayed through PUP Stream, and that solved my problem for the Jaws Bigger Boat Edition table at least.  I may invest in that dongle you mentioned as well for other tables where it might not be as simple as what I just did with Jaws.

Could you tell me, how to get the PuP-Pack configuration for the Jaws Bigger Boat Edition table featured in your video? - https://youtu.be/PjtfGE5p5Pg?si=pwwiTm8kXl9UuGos&t=48

Specifically, the PuP backglass on the top right, the mini-playfield on the table not mirroring the FullDMD and the right apron display (which I think is a mirror of the PuP backglass)?  Do you have a configuration file for that setup?  It says in your video that it works for Desktop.  That version looks even more incredible! :)

Thanks again!

Tig77

• Content Provider

That is from an old versions of the table and pup-pack. That was from a time when FullDMD was still fairly new and the Jaws pup-pack was half on the BG and half on the FullDMD.

The PinEvent V2 tables all have everything on the FullDMD now, so there is nothing to show on the backglass, as they are just a still image. That's why the new default for pupstream does not stream the pup backglass now.

You can change that if want in the pupstream options to stream the pup backglass... but there is no point in my opinion of doing that.

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, Tig77 said:

Hi TerryRed,

Ah I see.  Is it still possible to download that version of the Jaws Bigger Boat Edition table?

Tig77

That version is not the Bigger Boat Edition. Very different tables.

That table (and older PinEvent) is no longer supported, which is why it's not available.