EM and SS Sinbad Question.

RabidUrko

I have noticed when downloading (and consulting the Pinball Database) Sinbad 1978 table for VPX that there was two real versions of the exact same table released in 1978,

one a EM and one a SS within a month of each other, was this because they were unsure if one would be more popular than the other as it was a 

transition of technology area ?

I like to look up videos/info on the real tables themselves even though i only have a virtual cabinet.

I expect there are some other tables like this too.

Edited by RabidUrko

6 hours ago, RabidUrko said:

I have noticed when downloading (and consulting the Pinball Database) Sinbad 1978 table for VPX that there was two real versions of the exact same table released in 1978,

one a EM and one a SS within a month of each other, was this because they were unsure if one would be more popular than the other as it was a 

transition of technology area ?

I like to look up videos/info on the real tables themselves even though i only have a virtual cabinet.

I expect there are some other tables like this too.

That's correct. Gottlieb was hesitant to commit to full on solid state so put out a few tables in both solid state and electromechanical. Joker Poker, Charlies Angels are two others I know of. The EM versions are much harder to find. System 1 games were the most basic solid state generation with only scoring and sounds. It still didn't have memory capabilities early on which is where Pascal Janin comes in. He designed a new boardset with added features like a skill shot and high score save among other things. His PI-1 board breathes new life into these gems.

3 hours ago, Cliffy said:

That's correct. Gottlieb was hesitant to commit to full on solid state so put out a few tables in both solid state and electromechanical. Joker Poker, Charlies Angels are two others I know of. The EM versions are much harder to find. System 1 games were the most basic solid state generation with only scoring and sounds. It still didn't have memory capabilities early on which is where Pascal Janin comes in. He designed a new boardset with added features like a skill shot and high score save among other things. His PI-1 board breathes new life into these gems.

Cheers for that info.