DOF Combine Toys Logic

It's just additive: all the various toys in the combo are added together and then assigned to the port you choose. This allows you to, say, allow the left strip to display triggers for both PF Left Flashers MX and PF Left Effects MX. 

I'm not sure what "additive" means.

For example.  Assume you have combined the 2 flippers (left and right) into one toy = FlipperC

The flippers send on and off commands.

So, if the command sequence would normally be:  Flipper Left ON, Flipper Right ON, Flipper Left OFF

What is the state of FlipperC.  I'd want it on as it is to be 2 combined (and Flipper Right is still on) but I am betting the toy will be OFF.

If you combine both flippers into a Flipper C combo, then assign that to a specific port, then any DOF effects written for Flipper 1, and any DOF effects written for Flipper 2, will be sent to whichever port you assigned and executed by whatever toy sits on that port.

On 8/23/2023 at 11:17 PM, csdf27 said:

If you combine both flippers into a Flipper C combo, then assign that to a specific port, then any DOF effects written for Flipper 1, and any DOF effects written for Flipper 2, will be sent to whichever port you assigned and executed by whatever toy sits on that port.

Right, so it is not exactly additive.  In the above example, you would think the flipper would be ON at the end, but it is OFF.

Edited by Spektre

Correct, even though if it were additive, based on Flipper 1 and Flipper 2's states, if it were additive, you would expect it to be ON.

With the logic it uses there is no good way to use this to use the 5 Flasher definitions to make good 3 Flasher definitions.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...