Feel like I have had to solve this before, but now I feel stupid! Missing Properties card and others in VPX 10.7

woodsy15

After baller Installer and the minimal update to 10.7.3 final (maybe unrelated)  I cannot find how to invoke the Properties panel and other additional panels in the editor.  Feel like I had this issue before, and its a really dumb solution ie:  they are hiding underneath, minimized, very small edge of the window to grab etc...  Mainly wanting to get to the Day/Night cycle slider

There is a vpforum thread here that is this exact issue where people are losing their minds on something that should be simple, but it seems to not be simple.  

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=46259&page=1

Here is a video of my struggle bus:

https://www.loom.com/share/54d79f36bfb74290831639cd12e1177a?sid=9164414c-8599-4059-8f18-0930c5376d8b

• 4 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 7:54 PM, Cliffy said:

Preferences/editor UI options/reset window positions or defaults

Sup? Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm kinda in the same boat, but  I have resized the properties panel to move it out of the way for a sec,  and it ( I assume) hid itself behind the Layers panel.  I've tried both options you give Cliffy, but neither seems to bring that panel back to the front.  when I select reset, all the side panels disappear and only the playfield is left, if I hit it again VPX crashes. when I start it again it's back to how it was with everything on the left showing, and only the layers panel on the right.  is there a way to unhide the properties panel?  or dock the layers panel and force out the properties to the front?  I'm at a loss here and know it's something stupid easy that I'm just not seeing.

Thanks

D.

3 hours ago, Cliffy said:

yeah you have to redock them. grab the title bar and drag until you see a sort of grid pop up and drop onto that grid in the location you want. 

Hey, Thanks Cliffy.  OK,, I got the Layers panel re-docked,but still cant see the Properties panel.  the reset windows still just makes the side panes flash and go blank. when I exit and restart,  both side panels are back, with the Layers docked now but no Properties.  What stupid little thing an I missing to do?...lol

Thanks again for your time and patience  😉

D.

Thanks for the help man.    I cant get it back up to the front.  I Alt-Tabed but it isn't out of the pane anywhere.  when it disappeared,, It was all still docked and I was looking at something then grabbed the bottm making it smaller then it just disappeared leaving only the layers tab.  I've tried every way I see to re-size ,move , dock undock, reset.  I even copied all the files not in folders  from last weeks backup . I'm running 10.8.0 (1836) x64.  I opened up 10.7 and it was there. 

Is there a specific file I can copy to reset it how it was?