Popper not closing DMDExt

JSpradlin

I am running Future Pinball in PinUp Popper. My launch and close scripts for FP are pretty much straight out of the AIO instructions. The launch script opens DMDExt fine; however, the close script will not kill the process. The very last line in my FP close script is  taskkill /f /im "dmdext.exe" per the guide. The blank DMD stays up over any other media displayed in the Popper DMD area. Also, going into another FP table launches an additional occurrence of DMDExt. This all seems pretty straight forward, but I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Never mind. It suddenly started working. I have no idea what fixed it. The only thing I really did was open DmdDevice.ini to edit it and re-saved it. The only thing that I feel like it may have been was a permission issue, but the only file that would have potentially  changed would have been DmdDevice.ini. I don't see how that could have allowed and open, but not a close. Oh well.

• 2 months later...

Gonna leave this here for posterity as I had that problem too and it didn't resolve itself.

All programs up to date on their latest available versions and still dmdext refused to close with taskill, inside and out of popper.

This however did work, just replace the entire taskill line with the following:

wmic process where name="dmdext.exe" call terminate

Works a treat so hopefully this helps someone in much less time than it took me to figure it out.