WIP The A Team Original Pinball

jicho2003

Hello everyone.

Here I leave the new progress, so far, of a future VPX table on The A team.

The goal when I started was to get to know a little better how flexDMD works for my real DMD.

I'm going to try to make a 90' table as much as possible. I leave a screenshot and what I have developed for the moment in case someone wants to try it.

It is necessary to have FlexDMD and VPX1.72 installed. The folder with the gifs must be in the same place as the vpx file.

LAST UPDATE 2.0.0

-Added the last missions in jeep. (Lite Multiball).

-Added some DMD Animations, redrawn part of the playfield, changes in the code, primitives....

At the moment the scores for 4 players are scheduled, and the 4 main missions, one for each character. They are activated from the Van.

( The mission is maintained until it is finished even if you lose the ball)

Barracus, Shoot 50 Bumpers. 50

Murdock. Shoot 150 spinners.

Faceman. Hit 8 ramps

Hannibal. Hit left targets.

There are 11 Sub Misisons

-The Back Lane: Spell "THE A TEAM" for collect 10 millions

In the JEEP ( You can raise the mission number on the right ramp and lower it on the left ramp.)

-PUNCH OUT:  add millions on BA Targets within 30 seconds

-TRUCKS CONVOY : Find the material box in a random place

- LOTERY MODE: Stop the roulette with the flippers, Collect tools

-RUN AWAY : ( First "VideoMode" Game). Pass 15 groups of police cars.

-FIND AND SHOOT: ( Second "VideoMode" Game) Shoot 20 enemies in 30 sec.

- EXTRABALL- Open and enter on the right tunnel in the ExtraBall mision

-GET MILLIIONS

-MURDOK's ESCAPE:Follow the lights and hit it 3 times

-LITTLE MULTIBALL: Shoot to the Magna

-Hit the TNT box 10 times to activate multiball

Character1.gif Character2.gif Character3.gif Character4.gif

INTRO-A-TEAM.gif HELICOPTERO1.gif selva.gif pelea.gif

PUNCH-OUT.gif armytruck.gif Find-and-shoot-intro.gif Runaway-intro.gif

I hope you enjoy it and join me on the road. Regards

ATEAM.jpg

There is less left to finish, so I remove the download links now.

I don't set a fixed schedule although I would like to have it before Christmas.

If there is anyone who wants to act as a tester until its launch, I have no problem sending it to them via PM.

Regards!

Edited by jicho2003

This is looking amazing! Great job on this, seriously. I can tell a lottt of time went into this. You can feel the love for the a team and the little details.

I had tried one of your older versions a few months ago and it was fun then. Comparing this version to my last play is better in every way. The playfield looks very nice and polished now, the ramps look fantastic and perfect, the mountain 3d elements I've always thought looked great. The new a team van and other 3d primitives I'm noticing as well! I also like how the playfield isn't cluttered with toys and stuff just to add clutter. Everything fits with the theme of A Team or has a purpose in the game for being there. That's how it should be done for originals in my opinion!

And now for the DMD.. that was something I really enjoyed and anytime new scenes or gifs were added to the Google drive i made sure to grab them. Probably the best original flexdmd work I've seen yet. I especially like how the DMD art and animations is all made to look/feel like a real DMD from a good pinball table in the '90s. And 2 video modes!! Both are fantastic as well and fit perfectly with the a team. I really enjoy the car chase video mode running from the cops, for real great work on that! That video mode looks and plays like a real video mode you would play on something like High Speed Getaway.

I really do love this table! It's also much further along and improved since the last time I played your WIP. I can tell I'll be playing and testing this version now quite a bit! Can't wait to discover all of the modes and what's included so far. I look forward to seeing the next progress update from you, and eventual release! 🙂🫡

Keep pinballing brothers

🕳️

Zuxif

On 7/2/2023 at 7:58 AM, Zuxiff said:

This is looking amazing! Great job on this, seriously. I can tell a lottt of time went into this. You can feel the love for the a team and the little details.

I had tried one of your older versions a few months ago and it was fun then. Comparing this version to my last play is better in every way. The playfield looks very nice and polished now, the ramps look fantastic and perfect, the mountain 3d elements I've always thought looked great. The new a team van and other 3d primitives I'm noticing as well! I also like how the playfield isn't cluttered with toys and stuff just to add clutter. Everything fits with the theme of A Team or has a purpose in the game for being there. That's how it should be done for originals in my opinion!

And now for the DMD.. that was something I really enjoyed and anytime new scenes or gifs were added to the Google drive i made sure to grab them. Probably the best original flexdmd work I've seen yet. I especially like how the DMD art and animations is all made to look/feel like a real DMD from a good pinball table in the '90s. And 2 video modes!! Both are fantastic as well and fit perfectly with the a team. I really enjoy the car chase video mode running from the cops, for real great work on that! That video mode looks and plays like a real video mode you would play on something like High Speed Getaway.

I really do love this table! It's also much further along and improved since the last time I played your WIP. I can tell I'll be playing and testing this version now quite a bit! Can't wait to discover all of the modes and what's included so far. I look forward to seeing the next progress update from you, and eventual release! 🙂🫡

Keep pinballing brothers

🕳️

Zuxif

Thanks for the support and for the comment. I will continue with the progress

• 1 month later...

I continue to work little by little on advances for the table. I'm sorry my time lately has been a bit limited and testing the table myself makes it go slower.

LAST UPDATE 1.0.8

-Added two new missions in jeep. (Get Millions and Murdok's escape from the mental hospital).

-Change in Hannibal's mission (knock down the left cards).

-Change in the extra ball mission (enter the right tunnel).

-Added some DMD Animations, redrawn part of the playfield, changes in the code, primitives....

Sin-t-tulo-2.jpg