What is the Program flow from VPX to VPMDMD and DMDDxt(Freezy), and FlexDMD? How is pinMAME started by VPX?

MIKEYPIN6

I'm trying to understand how VPX is calling and using pimMAME to run and position the DMD, any interaction and control from B2S, and how Freezy and FlexDMD are being used. I've been reading the game scripts, but only see references like"Dim UseVPDMD".  I think VPX is doing this behind the scenes in code you cannot see.  I am asking because I have a corrupt VPX now due to an involuntary Windows 11 install that messed everything up - including disabling my DMD that worked perfectly.  I have been trying to fix it without doing as some have suggested "Reinstall Windows and do another Baller install"!  I'm trying to understand how the system works. I've done a few Baller reinstalls and have the DMD partially working again, but the games still do not initialize correctly. Also, I assume the switches on the playfield and the game script are controlling what location pinMAME is reading on the ROM and displaying on the DMD.  Any help in understanding the inner workings of VPX and the associated programs will be much appreciated. I cannot find a detailed explanation anywhere. I hope one of the VPX or pinMAME developers can help me.

• 2 months later...