List of new features for Editor

Hello 

I would like to share with you some upgrade or new features I would  find very fine in our utilisation of your editor

First easy way to select a scene 

Would it be possible to add a text area with a filter for exemple if you put « test » only scenes with name including test would appears

Same for dumb and right window

Second less useful but maybe

Restrict the list of scene by type of scene (color mask, layered color mask…)

Third, windows to show hash catched in dumb is very important but not useful :

if I look after a frame that could make a mess but catching a hash and goes out of a scene it would be so nice to have always a small windows on the editor with hash catched info —> top over the top would be hash’s listed by order of detection and which one will be taken if several are catched by one frame

Next : a reset button :

I don’t know if it is possible when we use the upload option at the end it reset the dmd would it be possible to have same fonction though menu to reset the dmd it would solve an issue I have if I stay a long  time (few minute) in preview mode I stay lock on the preview even if I uncheck the option and no way to bet out

another : shading

there is an option (a command) to make a lovelly shade between the first and the last color of a line of the color palet. but as sometime (often), we try to make a nice shade on a text, the original version is in one color, that means that we have to use the same color in each group of 4 colors  and mixe with severa group of 4 colors to have a nice shading. would it be possible to have an option to define a shade on only one of the 4th color of each group, or maybe a spécific "color" with a shade rendering on the DMD?

Next one  maybe very difficult and maybe need an update of the dmd

Would it be possible to add as we do to color (key frame with or without mask to launch a scene) a scene but to avoid to launch the scene (the opposite) it would be very useful for example I have frames like « traffic sign » with different messages inside I like to use a border mask to catch all scene with this traffic signs and launch a layered color mask then in the lcm I have  frames for each messages and mask to catch them but for some messages I have specific transitions and the lcm becomes too big it would be nice to be able. To block the specific hash with the frame to the lcm and let it goes to another specific for this message with its own transitions

Last for the moment more information in scenes

it would be nice if we can have dumb information stored in scenes to find them easily if we need to re add a frame or orher

I don’t know if every thing is possible easy or not and if you are interested for improving the soft but thanks to read me

bye

elicend

corvette colorisatoin

• Content Provider

Hi elicend, 

thanks for the input ! I will have a look when I have some time. I add them to my personal list of features I want to add to the firmware/editor.

BTW the source of the editor is open , so if you or a friend of yours have some programming skills feel free to add features yourself.

https://github.com/sker65/go-dmd-clock

• Content Provider

I once made a backup of the eclipse dev environment Steve installed me on my Win10

Just unpack it in c:\java and c:\eclipse. I that worked last time when I got a new machine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdj72lyw0dseoi7/editor_dev.zip?dl=0

If that does not work maybe you first run through the installation process of eclipse from here https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/oxygen/3, install it under c:\eclipse and then replace the folder with my installation.