Slingshot, ball feed, bumpers questions

bcarter1234

I hope someday to be able to play Gottlieb's All-Star Basketball on my cab. To that end I made a copy and did some edits on an FP existing table from the era. I only became aware of virtual pinball in the last month and I must say considering I have no programming or scripting experience I was pleased to get a playable layout similar to ASB with a minimum of effort.

That leads to my questions. I'm sure there will be more if anyone is willing to answer.
1) When I started moving a linear two post slingshot I found it had four rubbers in it. What is the reasoning behind that?
2) Is there logic behind the placement of the dots on the rubbers? Can you add or delete dots?
3) Can you locate the leaf switches that fire the slingshot and if so how should they be positioned?
4) How do I get the ball to originate from the left side of the ball channel like the old wood rails?
5) How do I make scoring only bumpers, not pops?

I'll stop for now but thanks for any help. If there is a great tutorial and I'm just slacking by asking, please let me know. For instance I have no idea how to change artwork on a PF.

Thanks to all the wonderful contributors that make this possible.

Take care,
Brent