Improving "The Beatles" with new playfield...

tabascoman77

Hey all...

I've been working on Stern's "The Beatles" for some time and I'm terrible at Photoshop.

Regardless, I got some new sources for the imagery on the table and have been working on replicating the actual playfield. I'm also doing new code with new PUP stuff to mimic the actual machine.

Here's the before and after of my playfield work. It's not complete and I DESPERATELY need help here. For instance, the "AFTER" photo is rough and is unfinished. But I am making progress.

BEFORE:

Playfield_updated.thumb.png.f1b1545a67f66d9bb1543f5cf7623777.png

AFTER:

Playfield_updatedv2.thumb.png.71dc66fc1e320c6fa47ffc7ceca91dc9.png

• tabascoman77 changed the title to Improving "The Beatles" with new playfield...

Here's the addition of the playfield to the game...all lights were re-positioned. New plastics were added to the side drains and above the bumpers. Those were generically drawn in the ScottyWic copy.

Let me know what you guys think...finaltable.thumb.jpg.b5384a18c566d6bc28660dee8e2d1669.jpg

11 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Sharp as a tack @tabascoman77!

Thank you, sir! I also fixed the bottom lights since the original PF just had one lavender light for each song. Now, they all have their colors, which is great.

Now comes all the coding...and I am going to have to guess my way through that portion. I know next to nothing.

Anyone know about simple light sequencing? I have it coded and I can see them all going off but I can't get the lights to "chase". I want light 1 to go on, then light 2 to light as soon as light 1 shuts off, then light 3 when light 2 shuts off, then the final light when light 3 shuts off.

I keep fiddling with the "SeqBlinking" but they never hold the same pattern and end up being random.

Here's what I've got:

LightSeqBumpers1.UpdateInterval = 50
	LightSeqBumpers1.Play SeqBlinking,,100000,100
	LightSeqBumpers2.UpdateInterval = 100
	LightSeqBumpers2.Play SeqBlinking,,100000,100
	LightSeqBumpers3.UpdateInterval = 150
	LightSeqBumpers3.Play SeqBlinking,,100000,100
	LightSeqBumpers4.UpdateInterval = 200
	LightSeqBumpers4.Play SeqBlinking,,100000,100

Changing the "100" portion after the 100000 portion pretty much does the same thing as the UpdateInterval.

Putting them all in one collection doesn't work and only makes them all blink at the same time.

I am at a loss for what to do here.

You can use timers if you don't want to use the sequencer. I think the sequencer will n a collection should be able to work, if they are positioned correctly. I just coded my own sequence for a similar effect on the star wars table skill shot, which moves lights in a sequence.

So logic would be

Light1.state = 1

Add a timer to turn it off and turn on the next.... Repeat

VP has its own internal blink pattern for the lights,

in the light properties panel you find the blink pattern, 0 and 1 i.e. off and on,

and the blink interval which determines the speed of the sequence.

Put these sequences into the blink pattern,

starting with the first light then the second and finally the third

Make sure all 3 lights have the same flashing interval.

In scripts you need this to make the lights turn on

Light1.State = 2

Light2.State = 2

Light3.State = 2

and this to make them turn off

Light1.State = 0

Light2.State = 0

Light3.State = 0

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, WaRcLaWz said:

How is this new Beatles overhaul coming along?

It's been on pause for a bit. Life got in the way. Another issue was that I accidentally stretched out the table a bit and I don't know how to shrink it back. I desperately need help coding this sucker because I know next to nothing about coding and have attempted to reverse-engineer a lot of this.