Walking Dead 160h rom slowdown

Has anyone else had issues with the walking dead tables on this site using 160LE rom and massive slow down of the DMD and system after a few minutes? I have changed the name of the LE file to Twd_160h everything works great and then the DMD starts to go to single frames and the whole system slows to a crawl. 

If I switch to the Twd_160 pro rom it doesn’t slow down but then I’m missing out on all the proper play mechanics of the Prem and LE. 

I was wondering if the 156 rom also had slowdown but I can’t seem to find it to test. 

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

Has anyone else had issues with the walking dead tables on this site using 160LE rom and massive slow down of the DMD and system after a few minutes? I have changed the name of the LE file to Twd_160h everything works great and then the DMD starts to go to single frames and the whole system slows to a crawl. 

If I switch to the Twd_160 pro rom it doesn’t slow down but then I’m missing out on all the proper play mechanics of the Prem and LE. 

I was wondering if the 156 rom also had slowdown but I can’t seem to find it to test. 

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you. 

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/3919-walking-dead-the-limited-edition-v156/

…Aaannnnd it still is messing up. But it did seem to take longer. I was able to get 3 games in before it started doing it. I disabled a lot of the extras options  on the table ,but the slow down still happens. 

Is this happening to anyone else or am I alone in this? Every other table I play works flawlessly so it bothers me to have one table that’s acting up. 

Nah. Don't think you are missing anyting directly. Are you on 64bit version maybe ? Or, maybe have a "not the newest - beefy pc" ?

There is this thing called at91jit, that is supposed to fix these problems for "slower" PCs. But, that code doesn't work in 64bit.

IF you are on 32bit, make sure that at91jit is set to enabled. IF you are on 64bit, you are either unlucky, or you will have to consider getting a beefier PC.

I mentioned that this could be a problem for some.

And, btw. Don't try to be smart ... using a regular rom version for a LE table. That WILL make issues for sure.

Yeah I was just trouble shooting with the different roms.  But I have a 3070 and I7 gen 11 processor. 16 gig ram. I am running everything in 64 bit but it was doing this even when running 32.

It’s very strange and the more I play it the more I can’t tell what’s triggering it. The problem feels like a memory leak, but I’m not sure. 

• 9 months later...

I just found this topic, as I've got the same problem now.

Table plays just fine (different versions from different authors), then suddenly the DMD seems to freeze. But it's running, very slowly, frame by frame. The table plays as before. I tried different roms, VPX 10.7 and 10.8, same effect. Sometimes it happens after a minute, sometimes after 3 or four games. I can't point to a special action/gameplay when it happens.

The PC is a AMD Ryzen 5 6Core with 64GByte/Windows 10 64Bit/NVidia 3060/NVMe M.2, it should work. TWD is the only table/ROM, where this happens. Everything else runs perfectly.

The only workaround after testing different combinations I found is:

- siggis mod

- pup pack

- MUTED rom 1.56h from the pup pack

- pac 1.0 color file

As soon as I use any other roms (from vpuniverse or anywhere else) the frame-by-frame effect appears again.

I am having the same issue.  I have tried 1.56LE and I have tried 1.60LE.  I have tried VPX8 and I have tried VPX7.4.  I am running the latest VPinMame beta.  

I have a very beefy system:
Core i9-14900K @ 6.0 MHz

4070ti

64G of RAM

For me, it runs Ball 1, and Ball 2 perfectly fine, then there is a large lag when it's time for Ball 3.  And then when the game ends it takes a few minutes to wrap things up and get to the GAME OVER screen and MATCH.

I will try the x86 version shown above.

8 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

I am having the same issue.  I have tried 1.56LE and I have tried 1.60LE.  I have tried VPX8 and I have tried VPX7.4.  I am running the latest VPinMame beta.  

I have a very beefy system:
Core i9-14900K @ 6.0 MHz

4070ti

64G of RAM

For me, it runs Ball 1, and Ball 2 perfectly fine, then there is a large lag when it's time for Ball 3.  And then when the game ends it takes a few minutes to wrap things up and get to the GAME OVER screen and MATCH.

I will try the x86 version shown above.

This is a known at9jit issue and lord only knows when/if it can be resolved in pinmame

Hello all - 

It has been a while, but maybe it helps somebody. After experiencing exactly what Archimedes seid, I was going crazy solving this. Good System, all set up properly on a fresh System... and still this great table was not running in x64 Mode.

Today I wanted to autorecord all of my stuff from the Operator menu. Since there was a nice tutorial by Rudys Arcade on how to set this up (link follows) its a piece of cake. 

BUT 

Back in popper where you See the preview of the game, my BG showd the recorded Playfield.

So i remembered going into my "screenres.ini" in the tablesfolder changing the number for my playfield to 1 (was 2 before - which is number in Windows display manager) but I rhink your playfield always has to be 1 in your screenres.ini

since I changed that iam enjoying the table without any Problems.

I think that the wrong Definition of you PF might mess with pinupplayer. It runs perfect with pup pack and without - with colorrom or without. Im happy.

Long Story short - here is the video by that nice guy "Rudy's Arcade" to understand the connection. 

Sorry for the long Story and the Bad english. Have a good weekend.

A german guy

Edited by RunningDizzl