ALMOST Full 64 Bit Setup…

RichTX

Well we’re almost at full 64 bit capability, but still missing a couple of pieces.

VPX 10.74. - CHECK

Pinmame - CHECK

B2S Server - CHECK

Lucky1 DMD extensions - CHECK

DOF Framework - ?

Pinup System -?

I tested the working parts out over the weekend on Windows 10 and everything played together well.

I think the added processing power of 64 bit does help with super multiball physics slowdown and of course the extra memory usage capability should  help maintain playability with any memory leak bugs that pop up.  

BTW…I still can’t play GOTG for more than 10 minutes until PUP crashes.  Hoping the extra 64bit memory space may solve that.

Anyone aware of Nailbuster working on a 64bit compile of Pinup System or a 64 bit compile of DOF to push us over the finish line to the 64bit promised land?

Thanks to ALL!

@CarnyPriest : To the best of my knowledge, NO it hasn't - but, DjRobX has always said, if your computer is fast enough, you might not even notice. There has been a lot of code changes, and some of the components now ... or should I say - all, if you go for it can be 64bit, so, that would also change how VP performs in general. So, yes, it might be that you had some of these symptoms, it is now gone; using the same computer. All I can say is that that to the best of my knowledge, no real efforts has been made into focusing on at91jit.

5 hours ago, Tikimaster said:

How funny… must be in the zeitgeist… this how-to was literally just written yesterday!

OK… so DOF 64 compile is taken care of… thank you!

it looks like all that’s left is a 64bit pinup system compile.

Correct me if I’m missing something, but as far as I could tell the 32bit pinup player plug-in doesn’t show up in the 64bit B2S activate plug-in dialog…. Hence pinup player didn’t launch.

i don’t think there’s a workaround for that… is there?

I sent a PM to Nailbuster inquiring if he could possibly do a 64 bit compile of the B2S pup plug-in and pup player.

Thats the final piece of the 64 bit quest… as I understand it.

If anyone knows him well, maybe we can get a private beta going to help in testing?

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, Thalamus said:

@CarnyPriest : To the best of my knowledge, NO it hasn't - but, DjRobX has always said, if your computer is fast enough, you might not even notice. There has been a lot of code changes, and some of the components now ... or should I say - all, if you go for it can be 64bit, so, that would also change how VP performs in general. So, yes, it might be that you had some of these symptoms, it is now gone; using the same computer. All I can say is that that to the best of my knowledge, no real efforts has been made into focusing on at91jit.

Well, that would be something if the other components of the build work smoothly enough for me to get by. My PC is ten years old. I'm not in beta testing mode so I'll wait.

2 hours ago, RichTX said:

I sent a PM to Nailbuster inquiring if he could possibly do a 64 bit compile of the B2S pup plug-in and pup player.

Thats the final piece of the 64 bit quest… as I understand it.

If anyone knows him well, maybe we can get a private beta going to help in testing?

I didn't check 64 bit yet, but does this help https://nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_x64_drivers_v1_beta.zip

• Content Provider

I've read a rumor (and I dumbly spread it myself) that we probably need this 64 bits version for the next VPW table (like Big Bang Bar).

Is there any information somewhere. Am i hallucinating ?

Thank's !

So after following the guide. I'm all updated to x64 except pinup.

The pinup x64 beta files work to an extent. The plugins load up in b2s server but rom based pups still don't work.

Maybe because the old x86 vlc? I'm not willing to play around with that.

Update:

It works! Make sure you have the zip unblocked before extracting.

Follow the readme.txt and then run the .bat as administrator (Didn't do this on the first run, so I was prompted to overwrite)

Full x64 setup is here!

Edited by HoJo215

• Content Provider

We know about thisPinup64, and it is beta software from Dec. We are purposely not including this because it will be redone in the near future for an all in one baller update, and I will be working with Nailbuster on that. 

This software was meant to be sent to 2 people for testing, and should not have gone further. Since it has, the cat is out of the bag, but everyone should be aware you are on your own with this, and I would advise waiting on this part.

Upgrade gone well. Everything working fine except pups with 64bit version. I got all colorizations to work (pal/vni, pac, cRZ). After this upgrade I just ran over last lucky's files (without ini of course). So far all works fine on 32bit. I will try with pac files on 64 later...

7 hours ago, plahta said:

Yes this is working. Also i ran over lucky's x64 files and now everything is working on both 32 and 64bit versions.

Yep… we’ve arrived… full 64 bit compatibility with Lucky’s dmd extensions instead of Freezy!

I have full ability to run pup games in either 32 or 64 bit versions of VPX 10.7.4

I Tested Scared Stiff, IMLOTB, TRON and Theater of Magic 

This did not fix my GOTG pup crashing issue however.  I believe we still need a 64 bit version of Pinupdisplay.exe to remedy the GOTG issue which Daphishbowl believes is a memory leak/cache  in pinup that can’t keep up with the calls from that pup.

So to summarize:

1). Follow these instructions:

https://github.com/vpinball/b2s-backglass/wiki/64bit-VPX-Pincab-Setup-Guide

2) install Lucky1 64bit over Freezy:  

3) install Nailbuster Beta 64 bit pup drivers: 

https://nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_x64_drivers_v1_beta.zip

Plahta and I have confirmed it works, but we are comfortable and able to get ourselves back to a working state.

THIS SHOULD ONLYBE ATTEMPTED BY ADVANCED USERS THAT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

As Smaugdragon said… if you wreck your setup… you’re on your own!!!  All you have to do is miss a step and you’ll be nonfunctional.

If you’re a baller installer user… they’re working on a new installer so hold tight for that.

WE MADE IT… THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE 64BIT POSSIBLE…. WOOHOO!

I only have problem that my directb2sserver is not showing anything in 64 bit(and cannot test DOF 64bit)

Upgrade from b2sserver 1.4 to 2.0. Set it to a complete new directory, 

registrated the server. Removed yhe old files from old location.

Running vpx 32 bit, shows the direct b2s files, but running the same tables in vpx 64 bit, doesnt show anything.

I asked Jarr3 as he did last modifications on the package, but he doesn't know either.

Anyone has a bright idea what could be wrong/missing ?

(Vpx is not crashing when controller is initializing the direct b2s compononents, so my assumption is, that the DLL's are registrated)

• Content Provider

I followed Smaugdragon's video and he said at around 16 minutes you don't need the 64 bit version of the B2S Backglass server. So maybe try it out and see how everything works. I am trying to get rid of all the 32 bit elements as soon as possible but for this one I will wait until I know it's safe. I think I completed my setup succesfully (I hope), skipped the Freezy and FlexDMD part because it works fine as I have it working with all 3 formats and also no DOF. And I kept the B2S plugins inside my tables folder (for now) and will stick to my custom res files made to fit for every table because the screenres.txt just doesn't do it for me as desktop player. Still a lot of work to get all of this upgraded and tweaked again. 

PS for any player that lowered the max texture dimensions in the past for games like VPW's X-Men try to put it back to unlimited since 64 bit will now allow memory's above 2GB 

I used the 32bit of directb2s server. I chechecked the installer code, and it registred via .net framework 32 and 64 bit.

I ended up thattoday I couldn't load any backglass. Not with vpx 32 or 64 bit.

Cabinet is now restoring image from 2 days ago.....

Will try to do all again in the weekend...

12 hours ago, RichTX said:

Yep… we’ve arrived… full 64 bit compatibility with Lucky’s dmd extensions instead of Freezy!

I have full ability to run pup games in either 32 or 64 bit versions of VPX 10.7.4

I Tested Scared Stiff, IMLOTB, TRON and Theater of Magic 

This did not fix my GOTG pup crashing issue however.  I believe we still need a 64 bit version of Pinupdisplay.exe to remedy the GOTG issue which Daphishbowl believes is a memory leak/cache  in pinup that can’t keep up with the calls from that pup.

So to summarize:

1). Follow these instructions:

https://github.com/vpinball/b2s-backglass/wiki/64bit-VPX-Pincab-Setup-Guide

2) install Lucky1 64bit over Freezy:  

3) install Nailbuster Beta 64 bit pup drivers: 

https://nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_x64_drivers_v1_beta.zip

Plahta and I have confirmed it works, but we are comfortable and able to get ourselves back to a working state.

THIS SHOULD ONLYBE ATTEMPTED BY ADVANCED USERS THAT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

As Smaugdragon said… if you wreck your setup… you’re on your own!!!  All you have to do is miss a step and you’ll be nonfunctional.

If you’re a baller installer user… they’re working on a new installer so hold tight for that.

WE MADE IT… THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE 64BIT POSSIBLE…. WOOHOO!

I have all of this working too, including the beta pup drivers.  

Everything I’ve tried so far works including, rom/pup tables ie Tron, Shrek.  

Only issue I’ve had so far was with IMLotB when I quit the table part way through and the pup didn’t close correctly and left some com object open in the background, and had to restart the cab to clear that.  But that’s the only slight issue (and my fault for quitting early anyway) I’ve had and got to say there is an extra smoothness about the tables in general and most ran great for me already. 

Bring on BBB…a little to the right…..

Thanks to all involved!