B2s server issue

Truest1

Hey guys so I've had my 2 screen setup working just fine. All of a sudden for some reason. B2s sees 3 screens. Screen 1, 2 3. I only have 2 screen holes up. I don't even have a 3rd screen at all. 

Be fore it was screen 1 as back glass. And screen 2 as playfreint. Now screen 3 is back glass ?? Any reason why this is happening? 

4 hours ago, Retsamikit said:

Set Playfield to screen one

Screen one does nothing now. Anything i assign to screen 1 does nothing. Nothing shows on either screen. Windows only see screen 1 and 2. Screen on is 1920 x 1080p. And screen 2 is main screen tv screen 3840 x 2160 . 

Did Windows or your graphics driver update recently? This may have caused screen number issues. This has been an issue forever. If you look in the registry there is a key (can't remember off the top of my head what it is) that tells you the Visual Pinball playfield ID. This can change randomly due to quirks in Windows. I was able to fix the issue using some scripts from this post here...

https://greatjava.org/2022/04/who-stuck-the-pinball-on-my-backbox/#

...You might also have some luck with the suggestions at the beginning of the post.

Another option if you aren't already using it would be to use the pixel positioning in your Screenres.txt file rather than using display numbers. However, this didn't work for me as my playfield ID in VPX kept hetting changed. Ultimately, a startup script was my bulletproof solution.

8 hours ago, JSpradlin said:

Did Windows or your graphics driver update recently? This may have caused screen number issues. This has been an issue forever. If you look in the registry there is a key (can't remember off the top of my head what it is) that tells you the Visual Pinball playfield ID. This can change randomly due to quirks in Windows. I was able to fix the issue using some scripts from this post here...

https://greatjava.org/2022/04/who-stuck-the-pinball-on-my-backbox/#

...You might also have some luck with the suggestions at the beginning of the post.

Another option if you aren't already using it would be to use the pixel positioning in your Screenres.txt file rather than using display numbers. However, this didn't work for me as my playfield ID in VPX kept hetting changed. Ultimately, a startup script was my bulletproof solution.

Yes i did do a video driver update. From Nvidia. Great suggestions. I will try them out. Thank you . 

If you have any questions about the scripts let me know. I'll have to refresh myself on how I set them up, but basically it was a two part process. I ran one script that identified my monitors by unique "names" and then used those names in another script to assign the proper monitor number to each screen in the registry upon every boot of the machine. Like I said, it's pretty much bulletproof.

On 3/9/2023 at 3:33 PM, JSpradlin said:

If you have any questions about the scripts let me know. I'll have to refresh myself on how I set them up, but basically it was a two part process. I ran one script that identified my monitors by unique "names" and then used those names in another script to assign the proper monitor number to each screen in the registry upon every boot of the machine. Like I said, it's pretty much bulletproof.

ohh i see yes please can i get more info on this. this would be great to know so i can set up the same. thank you in advance.