Moving in VR

Hi, 

i just went out and baught Ocolus/Meta Quest 2 cause i had a bad day. 
Set everything up and its "working"

Except my test table (Black Knight 2k by unclepauli, played the real today and nailed it) set my position in the backglass. 
I can move in the room by food but then i am still way to high and not standing in front of my cabinet. 
Pressing reposition in SteamVR always brings me back to my start in the backglass.

How i get my physical safe lined uf with my virtual self in front of game and cabinet ? 
Copudn't find aguide or FAQ for VPVR i gues i am not the first. 

Greetings and thanks :) 

Got myself a keyboard with numblock and centered with 0. After this i have seen the values for VR tables changes. I thought these values are the dimension of the table but insttead they are for rendering the table for correct poc. 
Was a bit tidious but for now it works, will finetune later. 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, Aetron said:

Got myself a keyboard with numblock and centered with 0. After this i have seen the values for VR tables changes. I thought these values are the dimension of the table but insttead they are for rendering the table for correct poc. 
Was a bit tidious but for now it works, will finetune later. 

I pretty much have to use the keyboard presses to center myself every session (when standing in front of my real cab), #2 and 8 for up and down and #5 or 0 to center. If these don't work then you need to set them in the VR Options (if using a 10.8 VR build)

Thanks for the hint, gues i need a wireless numblock or remap these buttons to the cabinet. 
I have only a 1080 screen (small cabinet) and VPX shows resolutions that are doable by the screen. 

Do you know how i can boost up the resolution for the Ocolus ? 

8 hours ago, Aetron said:

Thanks for the hint, gues i need a wireless numblock or remap these buttons to the cabinet. 
I have only a 1080 screen (small cabinet) and VPX shows resolutions that are doable by the screen. 

Do you know how i can boost up the resolution for the Ocolus ? 

To boost Oculus Quest 2 resolution using link, Open the Oculus app on your Computer.
Click Devices on the left side of the app.
Click Quest and Touch.
Scroll down to Graphics Preferences.
Here, you can adjust your Refresh Rate and Render Resolution.
Refresh rate: The number of times your Quest 2 screen updates with new images each second. You can set your refresh rate to 72 Hz, 80 Hz, 90 Hz and 120Hz (I would start at 72Hz)
Render Resolution: Adjusts the resolution that the app or game you're using is being rendered at. The maximum render resolution you can set is 5408 x 2736.
Improved visuals vs performance
Keep in mind, while increasing your refresh rate and render resolution will result in improved visuals, these adjustments could have a negative impact on overall performance. Even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames, which creates a less smooth in-VR experience, if you wanted more resolution you could grab the "Oculus Debug Tool" in your Oculus software folder and bump up the resolution even more. To do this, adjust the "Pixels Per Display Pixel Override" Setting it at "1" results in 100%, try 1.1 and hit enter, then 1.2 (1.2 means 44% more pixels) and so on until you have issues then back off a bit until everything is smooth. Always launch the Oculus software first, then the Debug Tool and make your settings, then open VPVR. Unfortunately this has to be done every VR session

So i made some adjustments and it now looks OK and my old 1080 isn't melting. 
Also the position is now very good and the guariden is also disabled. 
The only thing missing is working DMD. It works on BlackKnight2000 but not on Surf 'n Safari or Simpsons Pinball. 

The question is does it even work cause its on second screen ?

On Surf'n Sarafi i use b2s dmd (like on Black Knight 2000) and on Simpsons i use latest freezy. 

On 3/8/2023 at 3:44 PM, Aetron said:

So i made some adjustments and it now looks OK and my old 1080 isn't melting. 
Also the position is now very good and the guariden is also disabled. 
The only thing missing is working DMD. It works on BlackKnight2000 but not on Surf 'n Safari or Simpsons Pinball. 

The question is does it even work cause its on second screen ?

On Surf'n Sarafi i use b2s dmd (like on Black Knight 2000) and on Simpsons i use latest freezy. 

Are you using this version of Surf'n Safari? https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=16156 and if so make sure you have "Capture External DMD" selected in the VPX/VR Options and also in the VPinMAME settings after hitting "F1" when the table is loaded.