Total Nuclear Annihilation - TNA - reworked...

redbone

I don't know if I'll ever be allowed to release this, but I have reworked TNA playfield and plastics.  Still have no contact from previous authors.    It's turning out beautiful though for at least personal play.

5 hours ago, ashleyb said:

Looks great @redbone  I believe there’s a version of TNA coming from VPW at some point also.

Yep, I understand that they are...   I'm going to keep working on mine too in hopes they might be able to use some of my resources or I get an opportunity to release one as well one day. :)

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, redbone said:

I've tidied up the pinstripes on the plastics.    If someone knows whom I should contact for a release, please let me know here... :)

I think that TNA was developed by gtxjoe (I think), I’ve found him on here https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showuser=62074

Or you could ask in this discord group if you’re already or become a member,

https://discord.gg/X6HMKrTX

If anyone wants it, this ball image looks ridiculous in this table.

Import it and then just create another case in the script and add this in the right spot:

' redbone ball_plasma
CustomBallGlow(10) =         True
CustomBallImage(10) =         "ball_plasma"
CustomBallLogoMode(10) =     False
CustomBallDecal(10) =         "ball_plasma"
CustomBulbIntensity(10) =     0
GBred(10) = 128 : GBgreen(10)    = 128 : GBblue(10) = 128

Or if you use it in other tables - Just set the "ball image" and "decal" to the same image at the table properties on the visuals tab

:)

ball_plasma.webp

@gtxjoe  I've sent you some private messages - let me know if you would allow me to do a release.  I've rebuilt the plastics, smoothed out plastics in vpx editor, changed material of plastics to dynamic, upscaled playfield and reworked it a bit.    It's a significant upgrade. I understand VPW may or may not be working on this table, but I feel what I've done is a significant increase of quality.  PLUS - it's really not available anywhere at the moment???  vpdb.io is broken and i've only seen the 1.4 version for download.  However, I have the base 1.5 version that I've been working with.

9 hours ago, RichTX said:

Per VPforum guidelines…

All mods are acceptable as long as the original author is credited.

The only exception for requiring permission is truly original tables.

Since you’re nodding a commercial recreation you’re good to go the way I read it.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?s=ac20e3fb75ef9b61c9b154ead367e36a&showtopic=49086

that are vpforum "rules", not vp community general ones ;)

the point might be that this tables is having a 2nd run of production so, imho wait until that one finsihes.

11 hours ago, Rappelbox said:

that are vpforum "rules", not vp community general ones ;)

the point might be that this tables is having a 2nd run of production so, imho wait until that one finsihes.

Actually, my understanding is that Noah and Dazz were in agreement on those guidelines unless you know something I don't.

Per this post below, Noah personally spoke to the owner of Spooky and got permission, so I think that's probably a better guide to go by rather than your personal opinion.

This has been debated over and over again and that's why Noah actually spoke with the copyright holders to get a definitive answer.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?s=a4705317f7b7180d053838c39e3363dd&showtopic=49062

Excerpt...

"Spooky Pinball (Allowed)

America's Most Haunted

Total Nuclear Annihilation

Dominoes

Charlie asked me to first ask him if we were to recreate their tables. Some of these companies have licensing agreements we do not want to jeopardize! If you would like me to ask on your behalf, feel free to reach out, and I'll give him a call.

Imo it's tricky to get someones permission of releasing a mod if the original author left the scene or is simply not responding.

I'm sure @redbone did his best to contact the author and since we're now past 3 weeks i'd say: give it a go... no selfish intentions involved :D :D :D

BTW: Mod looks good ;)

forget about my comment about rerun of production

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not been able to get in touch with anyone regarding the table or the pup pack.   I know there's  a long history and some consternation over it, but don't know the details of it.   

I heard VPW was supposed to be working on it too, but also heard it stalled and they aren't.   @TerryRed or @gtxjoe  can either of you guys give me the OK or recommendation here?  @Wylte do you know anything about it?  Thanks!!!

I don't want to get banned or blackballed in the scene.   What's the protocol?

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, redbone said:

I heard VPW was supposed to be working on it too, but also heard it stalled and they aren't.   @TerryRed or @gtxjoe  can either of you guys give me the OK or recommendation here?  @Wylte do you know anything about it?  Thanks!!!

I don't have a direct line to @gtxjoe and he hasn't been active for a couple months, but I brought this to the VPW discord and pinged him.

• Content Provider
21 hours ago, redbone said:

I've not been able to get in touch with anyone regarding the table or the pup pack.   I know there's  a long history and some consternation over it, but don't know the details of it.   

As far as the "pup pack".. Terry Red didn't make it. He put out propaganda that seemed that way.. But that's not a case, I made the original TNA Puppack/Pupdmd... And there's a reason why it's not available for download anymore. And I'm not sure Vpuniverse or you wants a company like Blizzard Studios coming at you if it is released here in a public download setting...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 9:01 AM, redbone said:

Still waiting to release @redbone?

@gtxjoeis listed as a free to mod author on vpforums (where you originally got a copy of the table I presume).

Please READ the following link:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?s=ac20e3fb75ef9b61c9b154ead367e36a&showtopic=49086

You have done your due diligence and done everything possible to get permission that you didn't actually require.

I'll even paste the vpforums text here:

Free to MOD Authors

JPSalas - requests MODs of his work are uploaded here.*

destruk - requests MODs of his work are uploaded here.*

unclewilly

StevOz

PinballPerson (aka, Leon Spalding/Leo Wanker)

freneticamnesic

Practicedummy

faralos

gtxjoe

PacDude

Sindbad

LoadedWeapon

javier1515

rascal

rob046

bmiki75

Sheltemke

teppotee

Les73gTx

anthias

dark (3D models)

Inkochnito

Shoopity

Lord Hiyru

ghostmachine (mostly FP on Pin Sim DB)

mfuegemann

TAB

IcePagoda

melon

hmueck

BorgDog

unclereamus - requests MODs of his work are uploaded here.*

Noah Fentz - requests MODs of his work are uploaded here.*

xenonph- requests MODs of his work are uploaded here.*

EpeC

wiesshund - requests MODs of his work are uploaded here.*

Any MODs of their work MUST credit the previous authors. ALL of them. Any tables used that are originally free to MOD are to remain free to MOD, regardless of how many authors and/or versions have been subsequently involved. It is unacceptable to 'lock' down a table that's been modded from something freely given.