Black squares on certain tables

So I installed the latest VPVR 10.8 everything worked fine at 10.7.  But saw some tables now need 10.8. Now a few tables have black squares in VR. New ACDC Luci, and Machine Bride of Pinbot being another. I did all the usual Oculus fixes ie. go to beta and restart. Also allow unknow sources was still checked. Has anyone come across this happening to them? Using Rift s if that matters. Thanks in advance

Also the black squares are at the top of the tables. I can look all around the room and the squares stay on the table. The computer is only 9 months old. I5 10400 Asus B 460 plus 16G ram with gtx 1060 also 9 months old. Have a 2 screen setup and VR preview is disabled so GPU is focused on VR. using GL 10.8 win x86 release.

I had this same issue when acdc came out, there is a new 10.8.  (something like  .666) release for VPinball_GL i needed to get yesterday.  It fixed the black boxes on the playfield for me.  Mine was using a previous one from 2 weeks prior i installed.  Personally without the link i got from someone on a VPVR fb group post i would have never found it on Github.  I find that site the most frustrating to navigate without a direct link.

Edited by sanchez77

2 hours ago, sanchez77 said:

I had this same issue when acdc came out, there is a new 10.8.  (something like  .666) release for VPinball_GL i needed to get yesterday.  It fixed the black boxes on the playfield for me.  Mine was using a previous one from 2 weeks prior i installed.  Personally without the link i got from someone on a VPVR fb group post i would have never found it on Github.  I find that site the most frustrating to navigate without a direct link.

Thanks sanchez77. I have the github releases page bookmarked but only shows -383 as latest one. Even searching on github for later release comes up with nothing. Going on FB VP group to search now. Just glad its not any hardware issue. 

13 hours ago, stangx said:

Thanks sanchez77. I have the github releases page bookmarked but only shows -383 as latest one. Even searching on github for later release comes up with nothing. Going on FB VP group to search now. Just glad its not any hardware issue. 

Yeah, they moved the VPVR builds to the vpinball build area. The black box issue was fixed many builds ago, here is a link to the newer builds click "actions" at the top then "vpinball-gl" on the left to highlight just the VR builds, then pick the top most workflow scroll down and you will see the builds. v672 is the latest at the time of writing this https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/actions/workflows/vpinball-gl.yml

On 12/28/2022 at 11:10 AM, studlygoorite said:

Yeah, they moved the VPVR builds to the vpinball build area. The black box issue was fixed many builds ago, here is a link to the newer builds click "actions" at the top then "vpinball-gl" on the left to highlight just the VR builds, then pick the top most workflow scroll down and you will see the builds. v672 is the latest at the time of writing this https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/actions/workflows/vpinball-gl.yml

Just a quick question on upgrading, I used your all in one , when i upgrade GL i just have to replace the  openvr_api.dll with the one from the all in one original?

20 hours ago, barryodog said:

Just a quick question on upgrading, I used your all in one , when i upgrade GL i just have to replace the  openvr_api.dll with the one from the all in one original?

Yep, when you upgrade and you want to use OpenComposite, grab everything "but" the openvr_api.dll from the new build. You will need to use the same  openvr_api.dll from the all in one from now on.