QR code doesn’t appears

Samuel

I don't even get that... All enabled within the script and there's no QR code for me nor is there a box where one should be as you're showing in the picture..... I don't have my Vpin connected to the network, but reading that shouldn't matter.... Interested to know if I'm doing something wrong. The table and PUP play perfectly...fyi

There was a recent update... apparently using UUID in Windows has an issue with a particular manufacturer's motherboards, which meant that before that update, several machines out there were effectively reporting as the *same* machine in one particular vpin. The update I think added an additional parameter to ensure each vpin was unique.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, zeek11 said:

I don't have my Vpin connected to the network

I guess that's where the problem lies; that's a misconception. The game (and subsequently the vpin) needs internet connection  to make Scorbit work with the QR code showing up on the full DMD.

You may have gotten confused by the fact that in the Scorbit app on the mobile you have the option to manually enter a score for a machine that is not connected to the internet, so one could say that the pinball machine doesn't need internet connection to have you enter a score. But that's a very pointless feature in my eyes and only meant to show the open mindedness of the Scorbit team. You would have to manually key in the game result to accomplish this, reducing the powers of Scorbit to the usual spreadsheet-driven score comparison tools out there.

If you want to use Scorbit with a vpin in the intended (fun) way, your vpin needs internet access. A point worth considering when troubleshooting is the Windows Firewall: temporarily disable it for one game to see if it is interfering. If that helps, create a rule in your Windows Firewall that allows traffics between the token executable that comes with the GOTG PUP-Pack (usually C:\vPinball\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\gotg_2020\sToken.exe) and the internet. Antivirus software might interfere as well as the filtering mechanisms on your router, but not very likely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, when i first tried to activate the scorbit on the gog table, it popped and error about missing api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll.

(i have not this error if i don't activate scorbit in the script)

So i downloaded the dll (not sure of the version), put it in the system32 and Syswow64 (i have windows 7 64 bits on the pincab) . No more error but no qr code either when i launch the table ..  i saw on the internet that this dll is related to windows 8... Is the scorbit working on windows 7 systems ?

My pincab is connected to the internet (just to try this awesome feature ^^) , time is correct, last version of the table 1.2.1 and the pupack. What am i missing there ? others dll ?

Thanks !