VPX 10.7.2 Invisible Elements

NixArcade

Hi friends! Newer here.  I have been trying to troubleshoot upgrading from 10.7.0 to 10.7.2 and cannot figure out my issue.  I've done all versions of the upgrade and I consistently get tables that all open but all have some invisible elements.  Sometimes invisible flippers, sometimes entire sections of the table are invisible.  I can tell the lighting and the physics are far superior in 10.7.2, so congrats on the achievement, I would just love to be able to SEE all the table to enjoy them   Any suggestions?  I have zero running issues on 10.7.0 for all tables.  I have a low end PC, with no meaningful visual card, but as I mentioned all tables work well on the previous version.  From what I can tell, while a minority, I am not alone in this issue and would love to enjoy the newer table running on 10.7.2.

Any thoughts on how I can play with settings or experiment with fixes?  I am less knowledgeable, but happy to be a guinea pig :)

Attached is a picture of what jpsalas Big Brave renders like on 10.7.2.  Plays perfectly on 10.7.0 and looks beautiful. 

FB_IMG_1668149410016.jpg

It would be my pleasure :)  My machine was build to run Mame games, so it is nothing special at all.  While 10.7.0 games look awesome and play great, I expect with 10.7.2 I am reaching the max of my graphics capabilities.

Attached are my VPX video settings and processing details.  I opened them in 10.7.2. My graphics card is just a basic Intel Iris Plus 655, so whatever came with the computer.

The tables run smoothly in 10.7.2, I'm just missing visual pieces of them.

Thanks so much for the help!

Settings 11_11_2022 7_48_00 AM.png

Visual Pinball 11_11_2022 7_51_52 AM.png

Hmm. I don't see anything "wrong" with your setup. So, yes, it might very well be that you're out of video mem or something in that direction. I would just simply press that Set for LowEnd PC, and see if that helps you out. You already know the current settings; well documented in this thread. There has been quite a lot of changes from 10.7 to 10.7.2, and many of them related to graphics. Problem is, most are bug fixes, so, in general, it should get "better" instead of worse for people. Since you have this issue, and if adjusting the video options - lower max texture dimensions, turning off reflect of dynamic elements first and foremost. I would recommend that you set fps limiter and max pre-rendered frames to 1. But, I don't expect that to fix you problem. Since you ARE having these issues, it could be a good idea to download the latest github builds and see if that resolves it for you. But, on my end, currently, I'm seeing some other issues with it.

I expect that your graphics driver is the one that Windows provides you, have you looked for alternatives/updates from Intel ?

12 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Hmm. I don't see anything "wrong" with your setup. So, yes, it might very well be that you're out of video mem or something in that direction. I would just simply press that Set for LowEnd PC, and see if that helps you out. You already know the current settings; well documented in this thread. There has been quite a lot of changes from 10.7 to 10.7.2, and many of them related to graphics. Problem is, most are bug fixes, so, in general, it should get "better" instead of worse for people. Since you have this issue, and if adjusting the video options - lower max texture dimensions, turning off reflect of dynamic elements first and foremost. I would recommend that you set fps limiter and max pre-rendered frames to 1. But, I don't expect that to fix you problem. Since you ARE having these issues, it could be a good idea to download the latest github builds and see if that resolves it for you. But, on my end, currently, I'm seeing some other issues with it.

I expect that your graphics driver is the one that Windows provides you, have you looked for alternatives/updates from Intel ?

Really appreciate your help!  I did update the driver and then went through the VPX settings.  Unchecking Texture Compression and Force Anisotropic Texture fixed everything.  All my other settings were able to remain the same.  Thank you for steering me in the right direction.

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2022 at 7:48 AM, Thalamus said:

@NixArcade, Thank you, I just had the same problem and its been over 12 months since i updated my pincab and was lost. Unchecking the texture compression and checking Force anisotropic texture fixed it for me as well.