Flickering Of Leds

• Content Provider

Hi guys

So far I have got reports from 2 folks involved in the testing, that they sometimes have strange flickering effects. This means that leds that are off, do sometimes flicker (mainly if settings like FU or FD are used) if other outputs are in action. There is also a report on contactors which seem to behave slightly strange in a sense that they dont seem to react with full power. I gues both things are somwhow connected.

I'd be gratefull if the folks testing the new DOF beta version as of 15.9 could check if they have effects like that as well.

Please let me know, if you can detect a specific pattern when this occurs.

Thanks a lot

Tom

• Content Provider

Since the beginning of the alphas, i have my knocker, and some leds, or the strobes fired randomly, and very quickly, even before fu and fd were there, don't know if it's related.It could be great if they mention the table and moment when it occurs.

For contactors, can you ask them to increase the minimum duration on the global xml, maybe 60 ms is too fast for their contactors

• Content Provider

Maybe I need to explain a little more detailed what I suspect:

The Ledwiz uses different commands to set the intensity of the outputs between 0-48 and and to turn the ouputs on and off which are then using the intensity set with the first command. The command to set the intensities takes a lot more time than the onoff command. The part of DOF controlling the LedWiz, tries to use the value command only when really requiered. Depending on the changes on the outputs DOF issues different sequences of onoff and value commands.

I suspect that some of the logic to determine the right sequence might has a little flaw. Unfortunately it is quite tricky to reproduce this in the debugger since everything happens much slower there, which does also influence the update frequency of DOF. Thats why I'm trying to find a pattern for these strange effects, which I can reproduce reliabely so I can fiannly determine, if there is something wrong in DOF or if this is just the "normal" behaviour of a lezwiz if a lot of intensity resp. color changes occur.

• 2 weeks later...

I can report that on many occasions now the knocker is firing at some wrong times. Yesterday for example I noticed incorrect knocker firing while playing the new STTNG 916 and TFTC. However the knocker did not fire when I was awarded an extra ball on STTNG. I will try to pay attention to any patterns for when this occurs

• Content Provider

I would love to track down that problem, but I must confess that I haven't got any idea what is causing this. Since I have never experienced this problem so far on my own setup, I cant even guess where to start looking.

Is someone able to reproduce the problem reliabely so I can try to figure out where to look for the bug?

• Content Provider

I just had the problem when I was making a config for firepower. Wired thin was I hit the left nudge button and I lost force feedback and the knocker went off. Anytime I have an issue the knocker always goes off.

it's very rare and random I get the problem.

Archived