[New Future Pinball]Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2 - FizX 3.3)

TerryRed

• Content Provider

Everyone with errors..... read the Install Instructions included with the table. Follow the REQUIREMENTS section to properly:

- install Visual C++ updates (if not done yet)

- update BAM to the latest version

- reinstall my BAM settings files

- patch both FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe for 4 GB access

- install the included CFG file to BAM\CFG (overwrite if one exists there already)...be sure its named the same as the table filename

- make sure DOFLinx is not running (if installed)

• 6 months later...

Hi lovely table. I'm running this as Desktop user and it runs flawlessly except the puppack does not display just the original(I assume) DMD made for the non "GALCTIC EDITION". Not sure what I've missed, the pup video is in the pupvideo folder. Not sure where I messed up. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi lovely table. I'm running this as Desktop user and it runs flawlessly except the puppack does not display just the original(I assume) DMD made for the non "GALCTIC EDITION". Not sure what I've missed, the pup video is in the pupvideo folder. Not sure where I messed up. Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry for the double post. I've tried to delete the first post but there is no option to do so.

364226247_184106941341266_230026426967045548_n.jpg

Edited by Sandro

9 minutes ago, Sandro said:

Sorry for the double post. I've tried to delete the first post but there is no option to do so.

364226247_184106941341266_230026426967045548_n.jpg

It helps to have a dummy HDMI dongle as display# 2. Then edit pup pack and configure displays, put apron/full dmd on display #2 using the quick position dropdown. Save pup pack, should be all set.

• 2 weeks later...

ok this is a totally newb question, i’ve read thru the documentation…. so much to learn…

table runs great!  thank you!  is there a step in the docs that can point me to how to get the DMD to show on my actual DMD and have the backglass image scale so there is no DMD up there?

so sorry for my ignorance, getting back into this after 5 or 7 years and things have changed so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
On 8/17/2023 at 9:37 PM, d8thstar said:

finally got my plunger to work with FP, works in other tables but not this.  anyone else have this issue they fixed?

thank you for such a beautiful table!

unless the table has a plunger (which this doesn't) then you need to use your digital plunger button (or some tables also allow for the special 1 or special 2 to work as the same)

Edited by TerryRed

• Content Provider
On 8/13/2023 at 3:41 PM, d8thstar said:

ok this is a totally newb question, i’ve read thru the documentation…. so much to learn…

table runs great!  thank you!  is there a step in the docs that can point me to how to get the DMD to show on my actual DMD and have the backglass image scale so there is no DMD up there?

so sorry for my ignorance, getting back into this after 5 or 7 years and things have changed so much!

You should have the FP Backbox and Arcade mode disabled, if you are using a pup-pack.

For the DMD, you need DMDExt.

All info can be found here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4934-pinup-popper-baller-installer-future-pinball-tips/

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2023 at 12:51 PM, kobach said:

I have script error line 2800, any ideas?

most likely you need to add the 4gb patch add it to future pinball folder and associate it with that loader then put the patch in the bam folder and associate it with bam loader,and install dof v7.44 put them in both future pinball folder and bam folder.

Also make sure all editor options are unchecked to do this open loader and under table preferences look under editor options.

You may have to load the table a few times before it compiles everything.

• Content Provider
On 12/10/2023 at 9:29 AM, VP1000 said:

most likely you need to add the 4gb patch add it to future pinball folder and associate it with that loader then put the patch in the bam folder and associate it with bam loader,and install dof v7.44 put them in both future pinball folder and bam folder.

Also make sure all editor options are unchecked to do this open loader and under table preferences look under editor options.

You may have to load the table a few times before it compiles everything.

Your information is not correct.

DOFLinx is NOT to be installed anywhere in the FP folder, and it is NOT to be running at all with my PinEvent releases.

You have shown you don't understand how my tables work, and you should not be providing advice on how they need to work, let alone uploading mods that give the same incorrect information.

All my PinEvent releases have their own included Install Instructions, and they tell everyone what to use to correctly run. Today, that would be by installing my FP and BAM Essentials AIO which has everything ready to go and patched.

Please don't tell others how to run "my" table releases.

Edited by TerryRed

I have an issue that the BB-8 ball is not showing, I just see a ball shadow. I have a new system and installed FP via the latest Baller Installer (beta).

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=ballerinsallv2311

To fix the issue I installed the latest BAM version again and applied 4GB patch again on fploader.exe, but it is still not working. When I switch to the chrome ball in the table script, that ball is showing.

On my old system it worked fine. My new system is using a RTX 4080 on Windows 11, so my GPU memory should not be the issue. I read the installation instructions that came with the table. No idea what the issue could be.

Edited by pcraenme

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, pcraenme said:

I have an issue that the BB-8 ball is not showing, I just see a ball shadow. I have a new system and installed FP via the latest Baller Installer (beta).

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=ballerinsallv2311

To fix the issue I installed the latest BAM version again and applied 4GB patch again on fploader.exe, but it is still not working. When I switch to the chrome ball in the table script, that ball is showing.

On my old system it worked fine. My new system is using a RTX 4080 on Windows 11, so my GPU memory should not be the issue. I read the installation instructions that came with the table. No idea what the issue could be.

Install my latest FP and BAM Essentials AIO, and use the bam settings I include, and the FP settings I include, and install the BAM CFG file for the table, etc

If the issue still happens... completely close FP and try again. If you are completely updated, and are using the correct settings it should work. If not, there is nothing else I can do, and you may need to only use the chrome ball.

Edited by TerryRed

1 hour ago, TerryRed said:

Install my latest FP and BAM Essentials AIO, and use the bam settings I include, and the FP settings I include, and install the BAM CFG file for the table, etc

If the issue still happens... completely close FP and try again. If you are completely updated, and are using the correct settings it should work. If not, there is nothing else I can do, and you may need to only use the chrome ball.

Thanks for the tips. I already tried to download latest FP and BAM Essentials AIO, but my download limit on Mega had exceeded downloading all your updated tables of last week.😆 As soon as I can download it, I will give it a try and post the results here.

Edited by pcraenme

I installed the latest FP and BAM Essentials AIO now, and went through the complete table installation instructions again, but the problem remains. I just noticed this, but I see part of BB-8 stuck on the top left of the table though when the table is started.

Nothing more I can do then switch to the chrome ball for now. 

• 5 weeks later...

The table's great if I play with the chrome ball, but if I choose the other ball all I get is a black round shadow on the playfield where the ball is supposed to be, it's playable but obviously not intended to be like that, like it's missing texture or model of the ball.  Like the above user, I also see the bb-8 stuck top left but only the top of it. 

Edited by Anacros

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, Terry,

I have an issue with my new install of FP+BAM, on all tables.

I precise that I allready managed to run FP+BAM (SW-DSA, BR-RE etc.) on my first Cab, but on my second Cab with a fresh install, I don't know why, it ain't work.

I have a message + the Pup is set for a 3 screen conf, but showing a BG + DMD only with no FullDMD. I assume that is an issue due to the error.

Any help? Thanks :)

Attached : screenshot + log

Blade Runner - Replicant Edition (PinEvent Lite - FizX - 1.3).png

Blade Runner - Replicant Edition (PinEvent Lite - FizX - 1.3)backglass.png

BAM_CRASH.log

Edited by ibanana

• Content Provider
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ibanana said:

Hello everyone, Terry,

I have an issue with my new install of FP+BAM, on all tables.

I precise that I allready managed to run FP+BAM (SW-DSA, BR-RE etc.) on my first Cab, but on my second Cab with a fresh install, I don't know why, it ain't work.

I have a message + the Pup is set for a 3 screen conf, but showing a BG + DMD only with no FullDMD. I assume that is an issue due to the error.

Any help? Thanks :)

Attached : screenshot + log

Blade Runner - Replicant Edition (PinEvent Lite - FizX - 1.3).png

Blade Runner - Replicant Edition (PinEvent Lite - FizX - 1.3)backglass.png

BAM_CRASH.log 9.77 kB · 0 downloads

My FAQ and Help Guide would have given you the answer. It's not a FP problem.

It's the result of you updating your DOF to 64 bit incorrectly (as a result of a VPX 64 bit update).

Read the FAQ and Help Guide for the solution.

image.thumb.png.d78dfb87132e48f089e7d420b2f1bed3.png

Edited by TerryRed

Hello Terry, thanks for your quick answer.

I search on the web with "Pinball Mediation error", but I did nit find your FAQ ;)

I wil try to go this way, but you must know that I never registered the 64bit version of the DOF. 🧐

I will give you a feedback as soon as I have some news.

Thnaks :)

Hello Terry,

I finally managed to fix it with your FAQ help AND registering 32bit DOF. I don't know how it is possible, but DOF was not registered at all even if it was working in VPX. I assume that it is because (as you said upper) it uses shortcuts.

Thanks for all!!

:=)