Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION

TerryRed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Test outside any front-end:

- Install FP and BAM

- update to the latest BAM 1.5-351 update just released (use the zip, not the installer)

- you MUST patch FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe with the 4 GB patch

- set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 Compatibility

- right-click FPLoader.exe and Run As Administrator once (don't set this permanently)

- be sure you are using the exact FP Video and Editor Settings I show

- if you have 4GB or less VRAM on your GPU, enable Texture Compression

- install table and CFG file

- load the table and play

- assuming nothing on your system (Defender, anti-virus, etc) is blocking BAM from working... you should be good to go.

Most people with those errors missed a step above. Only run from FPLoader.exe. some who updated.... updated BAM to the wrong location (why I say to use zip file to update).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION

(PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.1 - FizX physics update! Now Available!

=====================

FizX Profiles and settings

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script by changing the FizX Profiles. The Profile settings options are as follows

• stronger flippers
  • narrow flippers

You aren't limited by this however. You can change all of FizX's settings to completely tweak and adjust the physics to your own preference!

Read the Install Instructions for more information.

=====================

Time Attack crash fix!

I found a workaround for the random crash that could occur when you fail Time Attack. Now, when you fail Time Attack you won't see the Death Star blow up the planet. It will just act like you Tilted (which is instant game over in Time Attack), and then goto Attract mode... avoiding any crashes.

Death Star Assault mode is still the same.

=====================

Changelog (v1.1)

- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added new Yoda animations (thanks Gimli)
- added optional Time Attack Quick Ending to avoid random crash bug when Death Star blows up planet
- fixed Backglass Art options not changing on startup
- fixed chrome ball being partially visible when BB-8 ball is being used
- various table fixes

=====================

As always... READ the included Install Instructions for all the information you need. It also includes a FAQ that will answer most questions.

=====================

I really hope you guys enjoy this major change with FP tables and how much better they can play now. I invite everyone who has never played FP before to give this a try. Many have installed (or re-installed) FP just to try this, and they have been amazed at the difference. I think you will be too!

image.thumb.png.ef5db73b48154e5dfe470bd7b91845d4.png

• TerryRed changed the title to Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Star Wars DSA - Galactic Edition (PinEvent V2)

Sad news about the new FizX v2.0 update. You may no longer have time enough to go for a quickie with your partner while the table loads...

• optimized a bunch of the models to have way fewer polygons
  • added a new BB-8 model for the ball that uses way fewer polygons
  • load times are greatly reduced (by up to 45 secs to over 1 min less)
  • on my i5 9600K, RTX 3080... older 1.1 table took up to 2:45 from start of loading to playing. New 1.2 table update takes no more than 1:45 from start of loading to playing

So... sorry about getting less booty.... but you get more pinball time!

1.2 update is coming VERY soon!

image.thumb.png.de32b5f0513077935c075375a95d9f09.png

• Content Provider

Star Wars DSA - Galactic Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX) (Future Pinball)

1.2 - FizX physics v2.0, new dynamic FLEEP sounds, reduced load times!

Now Available!

- added new BB8 model for the ball (uses less polygons, head and body sizes are correct)
- optimized many models to reduce the amount of polygons they use
- load time is much quicker as a result of the optimized models
- changed dynamic camera views (desktop only) to better match table events (death star explosion, video mode, etc)
- updated table and physics to FizX v2.0
- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF
- updated PinEvent V2 PinMechSound code to support new FizX auto ball hit events based on PF materials
- removed all triggers and sounds used for ball hit sounds (no longer needed with FizX v2.0)
- added more FLEEP mechanical sounds to support new FizX dynamic ball hit events
- this allows for amazing new dynamic mechanical and SSF sounds for the entire table!
- new FizX code no longer requires flipper Swing Angle to be specified in the FizX Flipper settings!
- FizX slingshots, drop targets, rubbers are now set in the FizX General Settings section (not in a FizX Profile)
- FizX XML_FPS is now set in its own section
- updated FizX Profiles to only change FizX Flipper settings
- there are no longer FizX Profiles used for different physics xml settings
- any settings needed for a different PHYSICS XML FPS is now set in the FizX FPS settings section

Important! Please Read!

- ALL these new updates REQUIRE BAM 1.5-357
- patch both FP and BAM for 4 GB access after updating BAM, to be sure they are both patched
- FizX v2.0 no longer uses the older 8K Physics Ball! Do not use it with this table!
- install the 1K Physics Ball model now! (as default.zip in BAM folder)
- if using PUP features, you MUST install the NEW PuP-Pack to use with this table, or PUP features won't work!
- if you installed Baller Installer and UPDATED it to the new Jan 2023 update, then you "should" be fully updated and ready for this new table update!

Follow the Install Instructions (and its FAQ) included with the table if you are not sure you are updated correctly... have FP settings setup correctly (important)... or if having any problems.

New table update is available at the following sites when approved by site admins:

• 1 year later...
On 7/22/2022 at 2:54 AM, TerryRed said:

Nothing like going out with a BANG!

The very last thing I've added to the table was to actually destroy the Death Star on the playfield.... literally!

Love how this turned out! The Stormtroopers get very emotional about it 

Last round of testing.... and one more full gameplay video... then barring anything major bugs that appear (that I can do anything about)... it will be release time! 

How do you achieve this?

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, prime said:

How do you achieve this?

Destroy the Death Star, of course :)

Hit all drop targets which makes power up ready. Now hit the upper left Vader kicker. Now you've powered up one level.

Keep repeating this until you power up past Yoda, and then to Skywalker. Then hot one last roaming drop target.

Then you'll start the 2 ball mode with the Death Star Countdown. At this point you must hit the chrome ball (Luke) into the Solo / Falcon VUK, which redirects it to the plungerlane. Now take the last shot to destroy the Death Star.