VPX-VBS-Extractor: A utility to automate extraction of table scripts from .VPX files

Hello VPU Community,

I've built a small console utility to automate extracting of table scripts to .VBS files. If you launch a table from command line and it detects a matching .VBS in the same directory VPX will use that script instead of the script in the table. This can be useful for editing scripts in the code editor of your choice, automating script updates, or just not having to open the table in VPX before making your tweaks.

I've created this for a secondary purpose which I'm working on now. A utility to locate the nudge strength inside table scripts and automate updating. I've had my vertical nudge strength set to 5 for a while now and I think it's too strong, so instead of going table by table I'm working on a utility to stream line this. 

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in something like this, but since I took the time to make it for myself I thought I'd toss it out there for anyone else looking to do the same.

Release 1 is available as well as the source code from GitHub.

Please checkout the README on GitHub for usage instructions or run the application with the --help argument.

If you have any issues please let me know and I'll work to correct them.

https://github.com/lempface/VPX-VBS-Extractor

This could definitely be useful for people like me who much prefer editing VBS files in an IDE (no offense to VPX's editor, but it doesn't support formatting / auto indentation fixes, so the code can get quite messy).

It might also be useful for collaborative table work; the VBS file can be used in git.

• 2 months later...

Hola, muy interesante para mi, me gusta editar con visualstudioCode. No puedo hacer que funcione, siempre recibo este error: TIMEOUT: NC.vbs: no estoy seguro si el script se extrajo correctamente. Subí -w a 250 y me enamoré de la aplicación porque modifico mucho el código y la comodidad de Visualstudio y su extrusor, etc. es muy importante para mí. Agradecería cualquier sugerencia. Salud

image.png.ef76cd2d714735ead8d3898d9457d8cc.png