I Am Doing Something Wrong

ViriiGuy

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I followed the install instructions. I loaded the new b2s server. Made the change to the core.vbs, my Indiana jones table is set you use b2s. I went to the LEDWiz config site and set it up for doc and got the newest config.

When I run the ledwiz control checker it tells me it can't parse the line 600 I32 I think. So just for giggles I changed every 600 to 60 and tried again. Still errors. So I told it to try my original ledwizcontrol. That passed.

I load up Indiana jones. Right click on the back glass and I can see dof is loaded.

But no feedback devices are working. I know I must have missed something but no idea what.

Any thoughts?

• Content Provider

Dazz made a good point. This is important!

Try to use the global config file which I've uploaded in the following thread: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/733-globalconfig-file/

This will enable the log file, which will be created in the directory of DOF. Maybe you find something in the log.

You can also open the frontend of DOF from the settings window of the b2s.server. In there you can find some windows which show you information about the cabinet and the table config. In the cabinet config checl if the ledwiz has been detected and if a ledwiz equivalent toy is available for the ledwiz. In the tables config check if effects haven been configured and if at least some table elements have effects assigned to them.

Adding the Global config file fixed it for me.. And all I can say is WOW!!

I no longer seem to be dropping my flipper contactors randomly. And Fish Tales, which was the table that ran the slowest for me, has gone from 47-150 FPS up to a steady avg of 587 fps now!

Between your new directoutput and the updated to VPinball builds, it is like a whole new cabinet!

Thank you very much.

• Content Provider

If I'm not mistaken, the config tool gives you a different set of data of you choose DOF or legacy ledcontrol. At the moment those sets of data are mostly the same, but there will be more and more differences over time, since DOF supports more functions than ledcontrol.

• Content Provider

Did you change your framework to DirectOutput in your account settings?  I just took a look at your account and it looks like it's still set to legacy.

Not all of the configurations have been modified for DirectOutput, but most of the popular tables have been.  You can check what has been modified by using the "Version History" link.  Arngrim has been marking which configs have been DOF enhanced.

Did you change your framework to DirectOutput in your account settings?  I just took a look at your account and it looks like it's still set to legacy.

Not all of the configurations have been modified for DirectOutput, but most of the popular tables have been.  You can check what has been modified by using the "Version History" link.  Arngrim has been marking which configs have been DOF enhanced.

I did switch the account settings to direct output to check it out the other day.  I didn't notice any differences between the "legacy" mode created ledcontrol.ini and the one created by "dof" mode before so I switched it back to legacy.  Now I do see a difference.  For example on some tables I see the addition of a beacon.

Also, some of my custom configs don't show up when I switch over.  For example, I have the shaker motor intensity set to 48 on southpark in legacy mode.  When I switch over to the dof mode in the settings the shaker motor intensity changes to 24 on southpark.  What's strange is that 24 isn't even the default????

I guess I was thinking that changing it over to DOF mode in settings would create an xml instead of another ledcontrol.ini.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I get it now.

junkie

• Content Provider

Yeah, I forgot about that when porting everything over.  Any private configurations you had with the legacy framework will not carry over to the DirectOutput framework.

In the future we will fully support the DirectOutput XML files, but it was easier to simply make additions to the ledcontrol format.

• Content Provider

For the moment I dont recommend putting to much work into the creation of XML config files.

I'm currently doing a lot of cleanup work on the object model, try to make the xmls a bit easier to edit and add new functions to DOF. I think it is best to wait for the update of DOF (I guess it will be ready in a week or so) before digging deeper into XML configs.

• Content Provider

In DOF there is nothing like PWM on or off. It is always on. This means that DOF will use the color definition in the ledcontrol file. PWM only depends on the color definitions. Any value in there which is not 0 (off) or 48 (fully on) will result in PWM output.

On note regarding LedWiz PWM: Ledwiz is using a relatively low PWM frequency. This means that you might see flickering on the connected leds for values >0 and <48. For green the flickering is to my experience most appearant, for blue and red is less obvious (I think thats just the nature of our eyes).

Archived