PIN2DMD and Pup Packs

I am trying to figure out if you can use a real dmd and get functionality from pup packs. without being an author of the pup packs in question i dont know if they used dmd "captures" to match for the triggers. I know most pup packs are beeing dont that way vs drop targets and other playfield related ways. some do like when the ball pops into the trough and when it drains it triggers, for instance attack from mars, or creature from the black lagoon, so triggers work, some dont, and i have been told its because freezy doesnt play nice with popper, but it should right? i found a post from lucky1, but im not sure if the real dmd is working or not. you have to login to discord to see it, but it gives some instruction, i just dont know if its going forward or backward in the direction i want it too. i also noticed with the freezy im using, the colorized alternate dmd files dont look right either. i far prefer a real dmd. thanks for any info on the matter.

well, i feel like a noob again. tried the update 10 different ways and cant get the real dmd working. the new release i can get the virtual dmd working, but not the real one. i have tried copy pasting my older dmddevice.ini over the new one, edited the new one to be like the old one, and pretty much every variation of that including using the installer even though i know where everything goes.

changes i made are:
a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor
[virtualdmd]
enabled = false

[pin2dmd]

; if false, doesn't bother looking for a PIN2DMD
enabled = true

[pinup]

; if enabled, send frames to PinUP.
enabled = true

if i remember correctly that is all it takes to get a real dmd working. it has been a while though. i was on 1.8 till now. ive been banging my head for like an hour now. it doesnt make sense considering how well i know this software in general. it must be something im overlooking since the virtual one works when enabled.

DmdDevice.ini

ok, thats what made it stop working for config was changing the name. i changed it back and i could turn the onscreen dmd off or on. i found somewhere in a post something about the driver needing to be winusb and something in the ini regarding native got it working for someone else? i will try to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
15 hours ago, Archangl7 said:

could it be my firmware is too old? i think its been a couple years since i downloaded the firmware from the pin2dmd site.

all the tests I do are always against the latest firmware.

• 1 month later...