Twilight zone coloring WIP

Hello everybody!

Last few months I have been working on coloring the Twilight Zone. This is probably one of the hardest machines to color, so many animations and so many scene changes!! 

It’s definitely not perfect yet but I do want to upload it, so people can check my work so far and give tips and suggestions what should be improved or added.

The virtual version works a lot better then the real version, the real version has several timing issues. Maybe some one knows how to fix this and maintain one version for both virtual and real pinball machines?

TODO:
-Higscores not implemented
-Ball lock door animation does not trigger (working on it)
-Missing multiple getting a extra ball animations
-Triggers missing for screaming persons from TM mode
- Lost in the zone not implemented (working on it)
- Red and Yellow skillshot rewards missing
- New ball in play extra ball animation missing

-Timing issues with several animations on real machine

Edited by MR2Turbo

I would like to try it. But I see a box with a message that reads "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it." for what I assume is meant to be a clickable link to download the WIP.

35 minutes ago, CyclonePF said:

I would like to try it. But I see a box with a message that reads "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it." for what I assume is meant to be a clickable link to download the WIP.

download Is working

This is great but I'm curious why people keep working on titles that are already complete or in progress. I realize that this gives you the option of picking colours that you prefer but it's an awful lot of work to get it done, as you've realized. And for real pins, I understand that it saves you the donation that the author asks for but hundreds of hours have already been put into this.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone here, actually completely the opposite. I'd just love to see people pick games that haven't been attempted yet.

Regardless, congrats on getting this far!

Dino Z.

You are right Dino but I started this project slowly 2 years ago, at that time there was no release of any Twilight Zone colorization, so I decided to start one myself. :) Because I own a TZ machine myself and build a pin2dmd display for it, I really wanted to have some kind of coloring for it!

• 2 weeks later...

New version 0.6.0:

- Added multiple getting a extra ball animations
- Added part of Lost in the zone

- Added jets max
- Red and Yellow skill-shot rewards added
- Added new ball in play extra ball animation

- Added dead end animations

- Fixed odd change

- Fixed other small timing problems and some triggers

@WolNielsen: I'm working hard on finishing it! But it will take some time to fix all real pinball issues because I need to sit next to my machine and test all timings. Working with the virtual part is much easier to debug.

I hope people can leave some feedback on what they like and don't like and if you find anything missing or not working please let me know!

deadend.gif

Edited by MR2Turbo

• 1 year later...