Pin2DMD "Duplicate Palette" Message

Posted in an old thread and no response so trying it in a new topic. Has anyone used a gif file as an input file and then had a recurring warning message about Duplicate Palette pop up every time the project is loaded?  The gif file works great to make scenes and keyframes, but every time I load the project subsequently, the palette for that gif is apparently loaded again, because I always get a message to the effect that it already exists and I have to acknowledge it before the project continues loading.  The palette is indeed already created and is permanently in the palette list - because it was created the first time the gif was loaded as a recording.  If it already exists, that's fine but why do I need to acknowledge this every time I start the project?   Is there a way to stop this message from popping up every time or am I missing something? 

image.png.199aec49ac7ab6c5a15755b848364d2b.png

10 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

Posted in an old thread and no response so trying it in a new topic. Has anyone used a gif file as an input file and then had a recurring warning message about Duplicate Palette pop up every time the project is loaded?  The gif file works great to make scenes and keyframes, but every time I load the project subsequently, the palette for that gif is apparently loaded again, because I always get a message to the effect that it already exists and I have to acknowledge it before the project continues loading.  The palette is indeed already created and is permanently in the palette list - because it was created the first time the gif was loaded as a recording.  If it already exists, that's fine but why do I need to acknowledge this every time I start the project?   Is there a way to stop this message from popping up every time or am I missing something? 

image.png.199aec49ac7ab6c5a15755b848364d2b.png

I asked this before, and its not because its a palette created for a gif.

its because you have 2 palettes with identical colors

You have first palette "XXXX"  and the second palette "Final Scores" that has the same colors as the first palette.  the program will  try to remove the extra (identical) palette  and  only use one.

if you want to  assign a pallet with a unique name to each gif; you have to change 1 of the un-used colors so that you have a unique second palette.

8 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

I asked this before, and its not because its a palette created for a gif.

its because you have 2 palettes with identical colors

You have first palette "XXXX"  and the second palette "Final Scores" that has the same colors as the first palette.  the program will  try to remove the extra (identical) palette  and  only use one.

if you want to  assign a pallet with a unique name to each gif; you have to change 1 of the un-used colors so that you have a unique second palette.

I don't think so, and here's why.  I can delete palette "Final Scores" (it isn't used on any scenes), save the project and exit.  The next time I load the project, I do not get the warning message (but "Final Scores" is back in the palette dropdown).  Then if I close the project, and restart it again, the warning message is back.

Edited by sudsy7

What you said, PinballUser, about having 2 palettes that are exactly the same got me to thinking of changing the "Final Scores" palette.  So, I changed it slightly and when I loaded it again, it didn't give me the message.  Now, I have two "Final Scores" palettes (with different index numbers), neither of which is used on any scene.  I carefully checked all the other palettes in my project and none are even remotely close to either of the "Final Scores" palettes.  Anyway, somehow this fixed the problem - no more messages.   I don't mind having the 2 extra palettes.

Edited by sudsy7

I  have followed the instructions replacing the dll`s of freeze`s 1.10.2.

I have changed the dmdext.ini to match the dmddevide.ini

The pac-file is in the altcolor folder in a folder named the same as the romname.

The v pinmame is on using external dmd with color.

My pal-colorization works,but nothing with the PAC-files. Still dmd but no color.

The following questions have in my mind; 

* Do I have to do something to get the plugg-in going ? 

* There are (some dll, in folders in vpinmame that aren`t replaced - can I delete them or do I have to replace them? 

For example pin2dmd folder.

* Am I on the wrong track and is your PAC not for virtual dmd output?

* do I need the firmware installed  ? 

I`m sorry for these questions, but still learning and most of the installation have done with the help of instructional videos. 

Is it possible to help and probably other to go through the process.. 

Is it just freezy and replacing dll,s or am i missing something here

Help would much be appreciated