After timeout, doesn't return to the correct category

RobXPaul

I am brand new to virtual tables and Pinup Popper so I'm just starting to sort out how everything works together.

When I start everything up, it launches into Pinup Popper with no issues, with the default "All Tables" category.

After just over 2 minutes of inactivity, it "times out" and returns to a different menu.  On mine, it goes from "All Tables" to a menu level with "Indiana Jones".  If I go back from there, it puts me in a "For Kids" category (and Indiana Jones isn't in that category).

Another example:

If I go into category "Music Tables", after 2 minutes, it reverts to displaying the table for "Contest" (Which isn't in Music - it's in a "50's tables" category)

It feels like there's some configuration on my end not correct with the nesting of categories and the tables in those categories. 

Where would I start to look , to ensure that after a category times out from inactivity, it properly goes back the the previous level, vs showing a seemingly random table from a random category?

Thanks in advance for any place to get started with organizing things so that they all nest correctly and the front end can properly go back to the correct previous level.

- Rob

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The issue is related to the Attract mode where it will cycle through tables randomly BUT IMO by default this is a little clunky because it can get stuck in a playlist you don't want it in and I find without some setup, people using the table get confused because they press a button to start navigating only to find they are in a menu with 3 games because it decided to jump into a custom playlist. 

WHat I have done is ONLY allow the attract mode to work on the home menu of games. To do this you need to open the PUP config, select "Playlist Config" then for basically every playlist other than your home playlist (and any otehrs you may like it to jump into) you go to the Settings tab then check the option "Ugly (don't use to Attract)

THis removes that list from your attract mode, personally I want it to always default back to my home screen no matter how people left it and this seems to be the only way, mark EVERY playlist other than Home in this way.