PUP Packs not working for VPX only

Grifter

Hi folks,

I'm new to this virtual pinball awesomeness, and have hit an odd problem that I can't seem to find a solution for that I am hoping someone here can point me the right direction.

In short, PUP Packs are not showing up on my backglass for VPX tables, just the DMD shows up. If the table has a .directb2s file, the backglass image shows up. If it does not, and I have the PUP Pack installed in the \vPinball\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos directory, I only see the DMD over my desktop background.

I do not have this issue with Future Pinball, just VPX. I already checked my B2S Backglass Server settings and the Plugin Settings box is not greyed out and everything seems to match the instructions.

My setup:

2 screen setup with screen 1 being the playfield and screen 2 being the backglass and the dmd on top.

Installed everything via the Baller Installer

Updated Baller Installer components and followed instructions via https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=update_baller_2022

Added tables and pup packs

I hope it is just something simple I'm overlooking and I appreciate the n00b help

Pinup packs don't use the backglass server, they use their own screen settings in the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays which you have to configure according to your screen or screens. Set the screens in "PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays" to appear on screen 2 and make sure the second screen is to the right or left in the windows display settings on your desktop, it doesn't seem to work when set to the top like say you have your second screen physically above your primary screen I've noticed. You should also rename your BS2 when using pinup packs unless both on your second screen, I assume you just want to use the pinup pack as the backglass.

Edited by WrATH2000

Thank you for your reply! I quadruple-checked and what is set in PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat is correct. I see the backglass image on monitor 2, the DMD there, and the playfield on monitor 1. However, it doesn't make any difference in getting a PUP pack to show. I've tried this with Simpsons Pinball Party, BTTF, Goonies, etc and all are the same.

I tried moving my second display to the left of my main display in Windows Display Settings, but regardless of what I set things to in PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays, once I clicked save, everything would appear on the same monitor.

Is there a log file or something I can look at to get more info about what may be going on?

Try this config in the screenshot

screens.png

Then set the pinup pack screens in PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays to quick position: Display #2, position the screen accordingly and they should stay when saved. If the pinup packs still don't show then I can only think it that pinup popper is not setup right or directory is wrong. The pinup pack is usally named the same as the rom and make sure you have extracted it correctly.

Edited by WrATH2000

Unfortunately, the same thing.

I also just moved my vpinball directory and did a new install and tested with just one vpx table and same result. I may have to try a new windows install if that problem is stuck somewhere else.

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and nothing displayed, which I guess is a step in trying to sort this out.

I then tried the PinUpPlayerTest.exe and the test VLC button did nothing. Is it like that on your end? Just thinking maybe VLC isn't working.

It was a bit of a goose chase, but the issue is the PUP Packs themselves that I downloaded! The ones I downloaded from here all work through PinUpPlayerTest. However, some I downloaded from vpforums.org don't work. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

• 8 months later...