Transparent loading videos issue

Genesis38

I try not to ask for help, unless I'm really stuck, which unfortunately I am. Issue is with transparent loading videos on popper. This latest build I am using an AMD video card and not too familiar with the software as I do with Nvidia. I've changed whatever settings I could find on the software such as full RGB, but still have a black box when the video loads. I can't find settings for 32bit as suggested on the guide. 

When I attempt to use full screen loading video, it loads fine, but again with a black box near the bottom middle of the playfield.

40" Samsung 4K TV connected to the back of the card via HDMI cable.  I've been reading that perhaps connecting the TV to the DPI port of the card could solve the issue, but I don't have a cable to try. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

• 8 months later...
  • Content Provider

I'm having this same issue with an AMD Radeon RX 580. When loading, the T-Arc has a black box behind it or when I have a full screen loading video, there's just a plain black box filling the same space at the bottom on the playfield screen. So it's clearly an issue of transparent videos being shown as black. The Nailbuster wiki doesn't help because you can't change the dynamic range like you can with the Nvidia (which appears to be the only fix listed there). I've also tried different drivers to no avail. I'm at my wits end because this just started happening recently and I can't figure out why. Thanks in advance for any help.

Loading 1.jpg

Loading 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had luck resolving this?  I see the instructions out there for setting this on Nvidia (https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=nvidia_settings), but I can't seem to find an equivalent setting for AMD cards (RX 570). 

This was working for a while and it seems a driver update in the past month or so is resulting in washed out playfield screens in popper and black box around the transparent loading screens.  Not  the end of the world, but annoying.

I did just update to the latest AMD Adrenalin drivers (22.11.12) but that hasn't had any effect, have also tried adjusting Color Depth (only option is 8bpc) and Pixel Format, but that didn't change anything.

UPDATE: Decided to switch from RX570 to GTX 1060 and that resolved the issues.

Thanks,

- C

Edited by absoluteshiver