P-ROC on PinDMD3 for CC + CCC and re-positioning on other tables.

HiRez00

Hi Guys,

A few years ago I tried installing P-ROC and for the life of me I couldn't get it to work.

With the new VPW release of Cactus Canyon + Continued - I was bound and determined and FINALLY got it to install and work - sort of.

I figured out how to move the P-ROC DMD for CC - but can't figure out how to get it to run on my PinDMD3?

I have read tones of threads on potentially getting it to work - but many of them go no where - or are not clear - or were on a site that no longer exists.

If someone can explain it ***CLEARLY*** the steps on how to make it work with a PinDMD3 - I would appreciate it!

Is it even possible?

Next question:

The DMD for Evil Dead is off to the side of the backglass and not in the space that was designated for the backglass. My guess is the config was done BEFORE people started switching to 4k - so the alignment is off and it isn't in the right place. I can't seem to find the settings in the .yaml file (I think that's the extension) to get it to line up properly.

Appreciate the help.

I do not know if it's the best solution, but works for me: Mirror with DMDext to PinDMD3

I use an DisplayPort-Dummy (here screen No.4)

image.png.81c2a38e34a19f7e0a3c54b12ae30ab7.png

and set the position for P-ROC DMD in ..\cactuscanyon\config\user_settings.yaml wide to 1. Pixel of that  (virtual) screen.

Example: my Screens withs

1.3840px

2.1920px

3.1280px

So the offset is 7040   (3840 + 1920 + 1280)

image.png.fff7c054a433ca2947f0c2a853bae728.png

In my PinupPopper-Database I add a custom parameter [CUSTOM2] with Value 'CCC' to the table entry

In my Visual Pinball X launch-script, I add the following:       if "[CUSTOM2]"=="CCC" (start /min "" dmdext.exe mirror --source screen --position 7040 0 512 128 --destination pindmdv3 --no-virtual)

In the close script I added:      if "[CUSTOM2]"=="CCC" (start /min "" taskkill /f /im dmdext.exe)

image.thumb.png.44e88724275b9a5f5edca00549791236.png

4 hours ago, howlingmad said:

I do not know if it's the best solution, but works for me: Mirror with DMDext to PinDMD3

I use an DisplayPort-Dummy (here screen No.4)

image.png.81c2a38e34a19f7e0a3c54b12ae30ab7.png

and set the position for P-ROC DMD in ..\cactuscanyon\config\user_settings.yaml wide to 1. Pixel of that  (virtual) screen.

Example: my Screens withs

1.3840px

2.1920px

3.1280px

So the offset is 7040   (3840 + 1920 + 1280)

image.png.fff7c054a433ca2947f0c2a853bae728.png

In my PinupPopper-Database I add a custom parameter [CUSTOM2] with Value 'CCC' to the table entry

In my Visual Pinball X launch-script, I add the following:       if "[CUSTOM2]"=="CCC" (start /min "" dmdext.exe mirror --source screen --position 7040 0 512 128 --destination pindmdv3 --no-virtual)

In the close script I added:      if "[CUSTOM2]"=="CCC" (start /min "" taskkill /f /im dmdext.exe)

image.thumb.png.44e88724275b9a5f5edca00549791236.png

Hey there.

I actually got it to work in a similar fashion. I set the P-ROC dmd to size=1 which is 128x32 that is tiny on my 4k main playfield screen, with a position of 0,0. I also had to set the dot / pixel shape to SQUARE instead of ROUND so it was nice and bright without the muted colors. I use PinballX so I used a similar mirror screen command at 0 0 128 32 before that game startup and low and behold it worked + plus it is nice and bright and not muted colors. The dot shapes HAVE to be set to SQUARE so every pixel is nice and bright. I don't even see the dmd on the upper right of my playfield because it is so tiny.

Don't ask me how I figured it out - I went through dozens of threads and took little pieces of each suggestion to get it to work ...

Thanks for the info, though - if I change to Pinup Popper - now at least I know how to do it for that.