[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Disco Fever (Williams 1979)

• Content Provider

Disco Fever (Williams 1979)

(Updated from VR only)

Time to put on Saturday Night fever and light up the glitter ball, I introduce to you Disco Fever.

This is my first attempt at a SS table from the ground up.

I need to thank all from the community as there is a little piece of something from everyone to make this table. In particular, this table has the banana flippers flippers (selectable by magnasave) from Time Warp. The author of that table is Gilrock/bord/rothbauerw are ok with me publishing this table.

I had used the playfield images from IPDB so the table appears as a well worn table. If there is anyone that wants to re-draw or enhance any or all of the artwork, please feel free.
I have included the ROM as the one on vpforum had no sound.

Based on some feedback (and that I didn't realise that Wildman had produced an excellent b2s  (thanks Rawd 🙂 )
( https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2197-disco-feverwilliams1978/ ) I have updated the table to support desktop and b2s (look in the script to amend as needed).

I welcome any feedback and let me know if there are any bugs. I hope you enjoy this early SS Williams table,

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/28/2021
  • Category
  • Link to B2S
    https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2197-disco-feverwilliams1978/
  • Link to Media Pack
    N/A
  • Permission to Mod
    Yes

• 4 months later...

Hi, drinkcristal (nice name 😎), VPU fans, 

I'm trying to start the table here for Disco Fever, but the table won't start. I'm getting a script error as follows:

Starting script

Compile error

------------

Line: 120
ActiveX component can't create object: 'b2s.server'

The actual Line 120 reads:

If B2Soff=0 then Set Controller = CreateObject("b2s.server") end if

Note: I'm trying to run the table in desktop mode on my laptop. I've used VP since VP 8.1, but haven't been around for some time, I'm very new to VPX, especially v10.7. I'm aware that some tables in desktop mode do try to run a B2S even if it runs on the same screen. I'd rather not run a B2S here. 

How can I solve this? 

Thanks in advance, 

-PMac