Crews - Development Teams

• Administrators

New Feature Added

We have added a new feature to VPU that we feel is going to help with development and/or coordination of projects. Staying with our space/universe theme these groups, or teams, will be called "Crews"!

This new feature adds group or team functionality that will enable project leaders to assemble a team, or Crew, of people for the common goal of a  project. Each crew leader will be able to recruit/invite other users that they want on their project team. A team could consist of artist, script gurus, table creator, testers, etc. Crews have access to their own team forums where they can coordinate, and discuss development aspects in a more private venue. 

The functionality of this addition is very extensive and may change based on our needs.

Currently Crews can be created by any member of the site. There is an approval process for newly created groups and will require approval by VPU admin/staff before the group is visible. Admin's and Moderators of VPU have full access to all created groups.

To access the Crews use Navigation Center and select Crews.

If you would like to check out some of these new features and get a taste of how these groups work; please feel free to join our first public group:

OOOPLAYER1OOO'S HAPPY PLACE

Hmmm ... maybe there could also be listings of Team Members and the respective services that they could offer to a project. A potential project leader could browse through these listings, see who has what skills of services they specialize in, and whether or not they're available to work on a project or two.

For instance, I do have some graphic arts skills that I could apply to things. But my strongest skillset at this time would be in documentation, whether that's a WIP history, tutorials, or whatever PDF, Web or eBook docs are necessary. Are there blog features with IP Board that could be tied in with a user's Profile? Such a blog could feature a little website/portfolio of whatever services a user would be interested in offering for these Team Projects.

I do like the idea of Crews working together on some really cool Projects. It should make for some very interesting WIP threads. 

One of the Projects that I'd like to see happen, though it would be QUITE the undertaking, would be the complete rewrite of the Visual Pinball software from the ground up, redesigned to take full advantage of current video drivers, software and hardware technology. It should be completely openSource™ of course! And it would be great if it could be used not just for cabinets, but also for tablet applications. Yeah that would be the ultimate Project, alright!

post-25-0-72576600-1355898753_thumb.gif

Archived