GPU question help

Stryper1975

Just working on building a vp cabinet and I currently have a Asus GTX 1660 tuf super oc gpu. I want to run 4K and seem to be able to run 60fps, but any higher and things slow down . Would I better picking up a gtx 1080 for 4K? Will it run more fps at 4K smoothly? I have found one locally and am debating if I should buy the 1080 and sell my 1660 super oc. Is it worth making the change. Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I am fairly new at this stuff. Thank you

Hi ya,

The 1080 is about 40-50% faster than the 1660 Super OC so, yes. you are likley to  get much better performance from the 1080.  Have you built or bought antyhing  yet?   4k is nice and all but (personally) a 1440p screen runnning at 120hz is a better experiance (feels much better, looks 95% the same) . If you're wanting  or already have 4k and you are dipping below 60fps at all with the 1660S then I would make the change. Likewise, if you're only just getting 60fps now then new gereration pinball games may struggle. Pinball, being a reactions game, really does need a locked 60fps+ to feel right.  You are unlikley to need to drive beyone 4k resolutions for a LONG time to come though so it's futureproof...

Things to check with the 1080 is that it's a older flagship card.  This means it'll have higher power requirments. Check your PSU has the right number of PCIe power headers ans can cope with the wattage requirments (125Watts TDP 1660s vs about 200Watts 1080)