Beatles Platinum #114.

BrandonLaw

And another one added to the collection!  Something I didn't realize as this is my first 'numbered' cab* is that HALF of them had went overseas.  So really it was #114 out of 125 Platinums in the US. 

There were only 1964 total Beatles created.  100 Diamonds, 250 Platinums and whatever was left over was a Gold.  Happy to have one in my collection....AND WITH AN EXTREMELY LIMITED RUN TOPPER.  

*I'm usually against 'Numbered' cabs or 'LE' per se as I play my games. The pin-community frowns upon plays on a high-end pin...it's like high miles on a Bugatti.  Stupid, but it is what it is hence my usual rules, but in my defense this is staying due to it's uniqueness in modern playstyle.

Also reiterating how Virtual Pinball has gotten me into a nasty habit of buying real pinballs.  You're welcome, Stern.  Please send me lots of Glass mats.  Love, Brandon.

IMG_3734-standard-scale-2_00x-gigapixel.thumb.png.5759742ef124aea160712b4c6c89592c.png

Yeah, my general rule is, screw those who basically want to just display these things because it's "rare". There's only a market for the rares because these idiots demand a game that just looks pretty in the game room and won't get more than spun around the block occasionally and otherwise is there to be a surface to dust.

Games are meant to be played. Period. So what if I buy a really rare game and put 1000 plays on it while I have it? Modern games you won't even necessarily know if I maintain it properly and clear out the audits before I sell it. I'll buy sealed video games of vintage if they're the right price and rip that shrink off and play it, but I generally don't buy "factory sealed" or "Supreme branded" for the same reason I won't consider most "limited and numbered" pinball machines, I'm here to play and I'm not paying a premium just to make some unbalanced collector cry over their sealed bottle of rare whiskey as I "wreck" the resale value of their precious commodity.

My husband is the same way. He actually gets much more snarky and mocking of the whole "collect and don't play" mentality than I do.

7 hours ago, LynnInDenver said:

Yeah, my general rule is, screw those who basically want to just display these things because it's "rare". There's only a market for the rares because these idiots demand a game that just looks pretty in the game room and won't get more than spun around the block occasionally and otherwise is there to be a surface to dust.

Games are meant to be played. Period. So what if I buy a really rare game and put 1000 plays on it while I have it? Modern games you won't even necessarily know if I maintain it properly and clear out the audits before I sell it. I'll buy sealed video games of vintage if they're the right price and rip that shrink off and play it, but I generally don't buy "factory sealed" or "Supreme branded" for the same reason I won't consider most "limited and numbered" pinball machines, I'm here to play and I'm not paying a premium just to make some unbalanced collector cry over their sealed bottle of rare whiskey as I "wreck" the resale value of their precious commodity.

My husband is the same way. He actually gets much more snarky and mocking of the whole "collect and don't play" mentality than I do.

Agreed, but...let's look at it from Stern's or JJP's POV....get it, baby.  Get it while the money can get got. 

I shrill every time I see a 300 plays machine that is 20+ years old.  Get the fuck outta here.  You're also going to give me a shit seller review for not having first level access, ya keyboard warrior.