Jump to content

Pin2dmd stm32Discovery Suspect on lagging.


Recommended Posts

Hi! As you know i am working on monopoly colorization. This game is very difficult to colorize because it's contain a lot of fade in and fade out scenes. I am almost finished this colorization, but found some strange things... Whey you dumping without any colorization files on SD card, you will receive clean dump without any artefacts.. But if your file on SD card, dumps will looks like this:

377438215_ScreenShot2021-08-10at11_43_12AM.thumb.png.70f47c7d70f747b2d4fefb66c30fef14.png

And first advice will be, dumping without sd card... I found some issues after this... When you put colorization files for this game on SD card, and it's around 9mb for FSQ. You will receive same images like previous on your dmd for colorizing. And main issue here, a lot of scenes in this game moving with dymamic scores on it. If you will use colorMask sequence. You will colorize artefact frames and colorization will not work properly...

This one is ok for colorization, it's not contain artefacts:

1820852722_ScreenShot2021-08-10at11_41_56AM.thumb.png.60033ab25423498662c7445208dfad30.png

But this one will have issues with colorization... it's should be same frames, but it's not same frames...

1215088150_ScreenShot2021-08-10at11_41_22AM.thumb.png.047f61ffb6365e9e4fea0836f2d2d1f9.png

 

Any ideas? Maybe nucleo will works better? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey vbobrusev, have you had this happen on any of your previous colourisations and what version of Firmware are you on and what version of the editor are you using?

 

Yes it is better to dump without the colour file loaded but you are saying that you get the same artefacts with your colour file loaded when playing the game? (not dumping)

 

Is the frame below just a dirty transition frame and it goes back to being ok? Or is the whole sequence bad?  

2 hours ago, vbobrusev said:

But this one will have issues with colorization... it's should be same frames, but it's not same frames...

1215088150_ScreenShot2021-08-10at11_41_22AM.thumb.png.047f61ffb6365e9e4fea0836f2d2d1f9.png

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, vbobrusev said:

If you will use colorMask sequence. You will colorize artefact frames and colorization will not work properly...

 

Colorizing transitions with ColorMask Sequence is almost impossible because transitions are random, which means that even the same

transition does not contain the same frames . This is because the transition happening in the memory of the dmd controller is not synchronized to the frame rate of the output. So you always get a snapshot of the current state of the memory in the frequency of the frame rate and that is not reproducable. Maybe a dump of pinmame would be of help to get better triggers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Terranigma said:

Hey vbobrusev, have you had this happen on any of your previous colourisations and what version of Firmware are you on and what version of the editor are you using?

 

Yes it is better to dump without the colour file loaded but you are saying that you get the same artefacts with your colour file loaded when playing the game? (not dumping)

 

Is the frame below just a dirty transition frame and it goes back to being ok? Or is the whole sequence bad?  

 

 

 

 

Yes it's happening whey you playing, not dumping. On previous version everything works fine on stern machines. When you dumping without card - all frames is clear. When you dumping with card - it have artefacts. if you playing with colorized game which is 9mb for fsq - it's start have artefacts, not everywhere but sometimes it's colorized not as should be. And i think because controller maybe dont have enough memory or something else. i have 4.05 version pin2dmd and editor is 3.0.0.0

 

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

 

Colorizing transitions with ColorMask Sequence is almost impossible because transitions are random, which means that even the same

transition does not contain the same frames . This is because the transition happening in the memory of the dmd controller is not synchronized to the frame rate of the output. So you always get a snapshot of the current state of the memory in the frequency of the frame rate and that is not reproducable. Maybe a dump of pinmame would be of help to get better triggers.

 

It was everywhere ok, on simpsons, on family guy, on sopranos and WPT. This is not my first colorization. But here is very strange. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vbobrusev said:

Yes it's happening whey you playing, not dumping. On previous version everything works fine on stern machines. When you dumping without card - all frames is clear. When you dumping with card - it have artefacts. if you playing with colorized game which is 9mb for fsq - it's start have artefacts, not everywhere but sometimes it's colorized not as should be. And i think because controller maybe dont have enough memory or something else. i have 4.05 version pin2dmd and editor is 3.0.0.0

 

I would update your Firmware to the latest and double check. I had some issues with the older firmware and lucky made some changes in 4.06 I believe and then some more after that, and these helped me. 

I have used FSQ files larger than 10mb with no problem here. I only use the EVO though and I think the default CPU in that is a bit more powerful than the older pcbs but I don't think this is the problem.

 

Is it using the Stern Whitestar setting or the Sega/DE for that game? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok I would try updating your firmware to the latest version first. You can always roll back to your current version if you need it. See how that goes.

 

Did FishTales10 end up testing on his real pin yet? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Terranigma said:

Ok I would try updating your firmware to the latest version first. You can always roll back to your current version if you need it. See how that goes.

 

Did FishTales10 end up testing on his real pin yet? 

Yes he tested and sequence scenes is bad sometimes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vbobrusev said:

Yes he tested and sequence scenes is bad sometimes

 

Ok, it would be good to find out what hardware and firmware FishTales10 is using. This would narrow it down even further, but at this stage it seems Vpin or Real pin you get the same result.

 

@FishTales10 With your Monopoly machine, can you tell us if you have an Evo, Nucleo or Discovery pin2dmd, what firmware you are running and also if it is set to Stern Whitestar for the device. Thanks

 

2 minutes ago, vbobrusev said:

I am updated to 4.18 and now my stm32 discovery didnt see sd card... :(

 

Your discovery boots ok and displays but it won't read your SD or is it not working at all? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Terranigma said:

 

Ok, it would be good to find out what hardware and firmware FishTales10 is using. This would narrow it down even further, but at this stage it seems Vpin or Real pin you get the same result.

 

@FishTales10 With your Monopoly machine, can you tell us if you have an Evo, Nucleo or Discovery pin2dmd, what firmware you are running and also if it is set to Stern Whitestar for the device. Thanks

 

 

Your discovery boots ok and displays but it won't read your SD or is it not working at all? 

yes, it's boot up but sd card can't be read. i dont have idea why, before update everything works ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vbobrusev said:

yes, it's boot up but sd card can't be read. i dont have idea why, before update everything works ok.


Ok I would ask Lucky because I only use the Evo and I believe the firmware file for that is different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, vbobrusev said:

yes, it's boot up but sd card can't be read. i dont have idea why, before update everything works ok.

Please initiate a "reset config" after a firmware update to 4.18 and remove th pin2dmd.dat from the SD card

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FishTales10 said:

At the request of VBob I upgraded to 4.18 for Monopoly.  The rest of my displays are all at 4.10, in my other games. 
 

 


Thanks for the information. Please let us know if the update has solved any of the previous issues when you get a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 1:36 AM, vbobrusev said:

yes, it's boot up but sd card can't be read. i dont have idea why, before update everything works ok.

 

Hey Vbobrusev, how did you end up going with this. Was the issue fixed at all with the artefacts?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 8:26 AM, lucky1 said:

 

Colorizing transitions with ColorMask Sequence is almost impossible because transitions are random, which means that even the same

transition does not contain the same frames . This is because the transition happening in the memory of the dmd controller is not synchronized to the frame rate of the output. So you always get a snapshot of the current state of the memory in the frequency of the frame rate and that is not reproducable. Maybe a dump of pinmame would be of help to get better triggers.

 

This explains some of my issues with transitions. Some of my transitions in color mask require a dozen or more different triggers because the opening scene will have different pixels lit whenever it is used more than once. I can’t use replace method because score is part of transitions  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...